Hey folks,
I finally got my Red GTI yesterday...
Specs: 2007 MKV Golf GTI 2door
DSG with tiptronic
Tornado Red
Package # 2
Red GTI carpet floor mats.
17" whells with all season tires

I paid 25400$ + tax + licence. I am happy with the price.
Driving is very fun! I like the sound of engine :) I went over 50miles in the Seattle,WA :)) Girls were looking to me because of Xenon lights and sound of engine and I am happy with my shining red GTI! I made it finally!
By the way I will buy 18" summer performance whells and use them in the summer. So I will have 9 whells including spare :))

But I feel a lag when I pussed gas pedal totally when I stopped on the red light. Is that turbo lag? Besides I couldnt do the launch trick. I pressed the brake pedal with my left feet and I pressed the gas pedal with my right feet. But the RPM doesnt go over 1800! In the videos people can go 2500 rpm and then launch but I couldnt do that! What I am doing wrong? The gear was in the S mode and ESP was off...

Last edited:

omegach

Banned
Congrats on your new GTI. :]

As for your problems, I have no idea... I drive standard. :/

And btw, I think DSG and Tiptronic are two different transmissions.

techcho

Ready to race!
But I feel a lag when I pussed gas pedal totally when I stopped on the red light. Is that turbo lag? Besides I couldnt do the launch trick. I pressed the brake pedal with my left feet and I pressed the gas pedal with my right feet. But the RPM doesnt go over 1800! In the videos people can go 2500 rpm and then launch but I couldnt do that! What I am doing wrong? The gear was in the S mode and ESP was off...

-No that isn't turbo lag. IT's normal with our transmiSSion.
-Launch control... not available until January or so

By the way.. Red lining any engine right from the get go
is definately not a good idea.
Ever hear of break-in time for a motor??.
You may want to do that... (All information is provided in the 'Owners Manual') Sure the car will be under warranty, but if the rings don't get seated correctly, you may lose some compression. :rolleyes:

spawn6578

Passed Driver's Ed
-No that isn't turbo lag. IT's normal with our transmiSSion.
-Launch control... not available until January or so

By the way.. Red lining any engine right from the get go
is definately not a good idea.
Ever hear of break-in time for a motor??.
You may want to do that... (All information is provided in the 'Owners Manual') Sure the car will be under warranty, but if the rings don't get seated correctly, you may lose some compression. :rolleyes:

What is the reason for that lag in our transmition? What makes that lag?
Besides where can I buy default GTI's 18" wheels with summer tires? Is there a web site for that?

CpT OvER

Passed Driver's Ed
wheels.

But I feel a lag when I pussed gas pedal totally when I stopped on the red light

Dont puss it.. go for it! Maybe then you won't feel the lag. :wink:

And Xenons are def known for getting you some serious tail!!! :biggrin:

I could go on... hard to stop.

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
What is the reason for that lag in our transmition? What makes that lag?
Besides where can I buy default GTI's 18" wheels with summer tires? Is there a web site for that?

if you want 18's i would say just go with aftermarket ones.... they arent going to be cheap from vw, and aftermarket ones will look a hell of a lot better

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
If you are releasing the brake pedal and pressing the gas pedal quickly, the lag is that the gears engaging into 1st. When you hit the brake at a stop light, the transmission puts it back into N. Test it out next time, get on a hill and press the brake. Releasing the brake slowly and you'll start rolling backwards like any other manual... then release it even more and you'll feel and hear the gears engaging and you're set. So before you go, just release the brake for a sec and hit the gas.

P.S. (EDIT)

25,000 with everything and DSG/pkg 2 is amazing.

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Yeah, as they said before. The lag is just like any normal manual... It's the car 'feathering' the clutch and the gas as you go. Since you're not in control of that, it takes the car a bit longer to respond on the initial get go... Once you get used to it, though, you'll be launching a lot better... The lack of launch control is a bit disappointing, though...

spawn6578

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks people! I will post the pics as soon as possible.
Once again I am happy with the price :)) Xenon lights are so cool...

@gtiTom: thaks for the advice I will follow your instructions...

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
post up some pics of the car

lopaka

Hey folks,
I finally got my Red GTI yesterday...
Specs: 2007 MKV Golf GTI 2door
DSG with tiptronic
Tornado Red
Package # 2
Red GTI carpet floor mats.
17" whells with all season tires

I paid 25000$ + tax + licence. I am happy with the price.

What dealership did you get your car from??? I'll be getting one next spring so any help would be cool...