GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

forge spacer/dv

ary122

Passed Driver's Ed
hey my local shop told me that if i want the spacer, i need to go all out and buy the dv also, so that my stock dv dosen't rip. is this true? has anyone ever heard of a dv ripping from just a spacer? also is $350 a reasonable price for installation with dv. they said they wouldn't charge me for the installation for the spacer if i get the dv. thanks a lot

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
The total price with installation isn't bad for the spacer and DV. However, the same amount of labor is needed to install one or both (so technically they're not cutting a deal on labor). With that said, the spacer can be run perfectly fine w/o the DV Upgrade. The spacer isn't going to increase the likelihood of the OEM failing, but it's not going to help prevent it either. Choice is up to you. You might end up paying for labor twice if you do eventually tear your OEM DV.

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI

ekk20

Go Kart Champion
i paid 10 to install the spacer, and using stock dv for half a year now. no problems.

07Noside

Banned
why not just buy this and than end of story and also save money

Because that isn't an OEM setup shown. The OP wants noise which the spacer produces and the AWE does not.(Don't try it) thats the intake+ air not the valve making noise. That valves still uses a rubber diaphram over a metal piston and this shop is still going to charge the same for instalation.

Might as well get the DV+Spacer combo to save yourself for the future. Even though if your OEM DV fails like they all do sooner or later it will no longer be covered by warranty so you'll be paying this shop more labor as by the obvious you don't know how to remove and replace yourself. If you did the instalation of the spacer alone is literally a 15min job.

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
i am running a forge bov spacer on my 09 no problems, but I am waiting for the release of a DV for the TSI for security when adding boost via chip

The price $350 installed is not to bad. $250ish for the DV and $69ish for the spacer=$319+install good deal

07Noside

Banned
i am running a forge bov spacer on my 09 no problems, but I am waiting for the release of a DV for the TSI for security when adding boost via chip

The price $350 installed is not to bad. $250ish for the DV and $69ish for the spacer=$319+install good deal

its been out. its the same thing :wink: All they needed was a good vacuum tap for it and BSH nailed that one :thumbsup:

-h2n-

VW-Cowboy-Monkey
hey my local shop told me that if i want the spacer, i need to go all out and buy the dv also, so that my stock dv dosen't rip. is this true? has anyone ever heard of a dv ripping from just a spacer?

BS. they are just trying to upsell you.

Housetek

Ready to race!
install it your self... its a super simple install.

Ive been running stock dv with spacer for 1.3k miles no problems.

after giac install i noticed a higher whistle sound and it produces a different sound now.

Im interested in how the AWE dv sounds.