GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any news on simple clean AUX install for 06 GTI?

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone have any links or info to an AUX adapter which would work for the 06 GTI? I saw the windowsticker for the 07's on another thread and it says it comes with an AUX jack. Does anyone know what VW is using to do this? it is on the non nav unit and comes stock with base GTI packages.

Are there any third party companies that make one that does not use an FM Modulator/antenna connection?

I dont mind losing my SAT since it works sporadically at best.

I have the 6disc in dash system. no changer in the armrest.

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
Update: I just ordered the AUX adapter from vw driver gear. It is intended for use on the Nav Sat headunit but it does work on our stock head units as well. The only thing I dont like about it is that it seems like the volume is a bit lower through the AUX input than it is through CD or AM/FM. Total cost was around $75.00 installed.

I would love to get an OEM installed option like the one that is supposed to be on the 2007/2008 gti's with a jack in the glovebox. This is better than nothing however.

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
you have to navigate through ur songs using the ipod right?
Also where did u put the AUX adapter?

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So does this mean that the head unit is only capable of SAT or AUX, not both? I'd like to get Satellite put in my Rabbit, but not at the expense of the AUX input.

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
you have to navigate through ur songs using the ipod right?
Also where did u put the AUX adapter?

There is a thread on the vortex which discusses the install in a thread with a few pictures to guide you on the right path. I will try to find the link later. It basically plugs into the place where the sat box would normally plug into. and yes you navigate using the ipod rather than playlists on the headunit. I prefer navigating my albums using the ipod anyway. Plus the AUX input means I can use it with my laptop/portable dvd player etc.

So does this mean that the head unit is only capable of SAT or AUX, not both? I'd like to get Satellite put in my Rabbit, but not at the expense of the AUX input.

I have no idea on this one since I am not familiar with the rabbit's head unit.

Some companies have made dedicated aux adapters which allow the use of both sat and aux but they are more expensive solutions I think scosche and blitzsafe make these.

gti mkv

Ready to race!
in the 07 VW's the aux input is located in the glove box on the upper right hand side of the glove box. put it this way, it replaces the glovebox light(samesize) you don't need navi., and the 07 even comes with the aux cables. i'm wondering how big of a headache it would be to install.