GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Two shameless plugs, First off stohlman VW of Tysons hooked me up. Eric Nyhuis and the sales manager Jon.... Gave me an awesome deal, went and found me my car, and had it ready the next day. Tom Norton of Lindsey VW is an awesome guy, knows alot bout cars, and isn't a sales guy, but couldnt give me more then 500 off msrp, but Eric hooked me up with 23k OTD option 1.

Check these guys out if you live in the nova area

Side note, thought I saw my first New GTI on the road today, someone was taking a test drive. So hopefully I'll still be one of the first people around here to have it. WAHOOOO

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
here's what I got...

20,240 Base
630 Destination
1,252 Package #1
367 Port Fee, Atlanta Ad Assoc Fee, Dealer Floor Plan
Total $22,489 invoice

Part#1KM-071-609-U-9AX Skirt $443.51 (front Valence)
Part#1K0-071-610-UB-9AX Skirt $499.95 (rear Valence)
Part#1KM-071-685-U-9AX Side Sill $508.60 (Side Skirts)
Part#1KO-071-498-V7U Alu Rim $448.71 x 4 $1683.56 (Khartoum Rims 18's)
000-071-501 Serv. Part $19.70 (some bumpstop bullshit for putting the wheels on)
86523 225/40R18 Tires x 4 $1029.12 (Michellin Pilots, $208.00 per on tirerack.com, but that's not delivered or put on, this is)

=$4184.44 (add ons) I'm sure I could have gotten my aftermarket groove on, but just didn't feel like going that way. The car is cool enough stock, but if you can afford it, have fun.

$22,489.00 + $4184.44 = $26,673.44 + tax and all that good stuff.

+ $500.00 body shop work to get the kit on.

I get my old 17' wheels and tires, which if I can't sell, I will give the tires to my mom because she has that size, and the wheels will be converted into a coffee table, or a wall piece. I got pics of my stocker up now, but the mod pics will be available soon.

PS: Dwight Harrison VW of Georgia is Awesome...no hassles, treat you like your buying a freakin 911.

PPS: bunch of little extas like cargo liner, GTI mats, some cargo accesorries also included, but I heard alot of people get these.

-HTL

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
Hokietuner said:
Two shameless plugs, First off stohlman VW of Tysons hooked me up. Eric Nyhuis and the sales manager Jon.... Gave me an awesome deal, went and found me my car, and had it ready the next day. Tom Norton of Lindsey VW is an awesome guy, knows alot bout cars, and isn't a sales guy, but couldnt give me more then 500 off msrp, but Eric hooked me up with 23k OTD option 1.

Check these guys out if you live in the nova area

Side note, thought I saw my first New GTI on the road today, someone was taking a test drive. So hopefully I'll still be one of the first people around here to have it. WAHOOOO

heh thats actually where i went to get a test drive, guess i'll be going back there for the 5dr then

as far as seeing gti's on the road, i once saw two black gti's on 495, i think they were being test driven though

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
GTT said:
People, PLEASE, stop posting the total cost.
It is of no importance what the total cost was is with the taxes and title and etc...
Those charges vary from state to state and from loan to loan.
No one can make a fair assessment of comparability when people list overall price which can include a number of variables.

Please, simply list the price of the GTI before any other taxes, fees, registrations, etc...
It's the only real number that people can use anyway.

Thanks.

TT

Some people like me are ONLY interested in OTD prices.
We like to see the final price to figure what to expect.

WYNAND

Passed Driver's Ed
In South Africa you pay .......

Base price for 6spd R240000.00
Base price for DSG R253000.00

The only extras they offer here

-Metallic paint R690.00
-Xenon headlights R6500.00
-Sunroof R4000.00
-Satnav R19500.00
-18'' Detroit alloys R4000.00
-6 Disc CD changer R3300.00
-Park distance cont R3000.00

ONE US DOLLAR = R6.26
ONE EURO = R7.45

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
here's what I got...

20,240 Base
630 Destination
1,252 Package #1
367 Port Fee, Atlanta Ad Assoc Fee, Dealer Floor Plan
Total $22,489 invoice

-HTL

367 Port Fee, Atlanta Ad Assoc Fee, Dealer Floor Plan <-- This is total dealership BS. The stealership made $367 + $440 (holdback) + $1,000 VW to dealer incentive in Feb '06. So they made at least a total of over $ 1,800 on your car. That's double the reasonable amount of profit for them. Of course they'll treat you like a champ. :thumbsup:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
ewoo said:
367 Port Fee, Atlanta Ad Assoc Fee, Dealer Floor Plan <-- This is total dealership BS. The stealership made $367 + $440 (holdback) + $1,000 VW to dealer incentive in Feb '06. So they made at least a total of over $ 1,800 on your car. That's double the reasonable amount of profit for them. Of course they'll treat you like a champ. :thumbsup:

are you sure? because they gave me some Goverment number to call to verify the $367.00. The $440.00 holdback I was not aware of (stupid me). The $1000.00 dollar incentive started after we finished the paperwork, and when I mentioned it he said they didn't qualify for it because it was too late, and that the 72 month financing I got at 5.9% voided the incentive...Can I complain to them or am I screwed becuase I already did the paperwork.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
are you sure? because they gave me some Goverment number to call to verify the $367.00. The $440.00 holdback I was not aware of (stupid me). The $1000.00 dollar incentive started after we finished the paperwork, and when I mentioned it he said they didn't qualify for it because it was too late, and that the 72 month financing I got at 5.9% voided the incentive...Can I complain to them or am I screwed becuase I already did the paperwork.

After I posted this I noticed EWOO drives a 94 Accord, lives in Kentucky, and has posted about 70% haterish info. Even if the Dealership made money on me, I got the car I wanted and I'm enjoying it... I didn't expect them to lose money on a brand new highly in-demand car....

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
After I posted this I noticed EWOO drives a 94 Accord, lives in Kentucky, and has posted about 70% haterish info. Even if the Dealership made money on me, I got the car I wanted and I'm enjoying it... I didn't expect them to lose money on a brand new highly in-demand car....

Hey, as long as you're happy. That's cool.
My belief is that information should be free and dealerships should eventually become extinct.

BTW, you should check-out the fried chicken here. They're finger-lickin' good!

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
€33,386 and €34,900 with extras. Govt Tax in Ireland is higher for performance cars as is everything else....ploy to cut down on the gas guzzlers yet their gettin more efficient these days so crap way of taxing drivers methinks...

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
ewoo said:
Hey, as long as you're happy. That's cool.
My belief is that information should be free and dealerships should eventually become extinct.

BTW, you should check-out the fried chicken here. They're finger-lickin' good!

LOL, you know Kentucky Fried Chickens are bred without feathers and heads.... basically it's like the Matrix for chickens, there all floating around in plasma, hooked up to tubes and shit..... Atlanta's got the OG chicken and biscuit places.

LordNikon

Autocross Champion

In HKG, we pay 298,000 HKD. Converted to USD is about $38,648 :frown: all options including DSG but no Navigation :rolleyes:

chopstik

Ready to race!
LordNikon said:
In HKG, we pay 298,000 HKD. Converted to USD is about $38,648 :frown: all options including DSG but no Navigation :rolleyes:

the factory to dealer incentive i was made aware of is only for the 2006 gti with the 1.8t engine....not the 2.0t

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
chopstik said:
the factory to dealer incentive i was made aware of is only for the 2006 gti with the 1.8t engine....not the 2.0t

:confused: What are you talking about. I went to the dealer and that was the quote I got. And its not 1.8T.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
chopstik said:

that's what i heard too, but people on here are claiming to have recieved it. I'm not really sure what it was, most important thing is being happy with the car. Listen I figure i'm gonna be dealing with this dealership for the life of my vehicle, what's a couple hundred bucks between me and the place i'm gonna have my car serviced for the next 4 years.