GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Acustom Audi S3/Golf edition 30 Intake

jonnyc

Finally I made up my intake for my S3, used a Neuspeed intake for a MK5 Golf GTI as a start point (cut it up lots) and then bought a load of bits and now it fits great, not sure if anyone else out there has done this, but anyways take a look..

Noticed a good increase in power, mainly top end, really feel the car go again at around 5500rpm.

Anyways just thought it would be of interest

Jonny

Attachments

• s3 intake 1.jpg
    s3 intake 1.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 5,370
  • s3 intake 2.jpg
    s3 intake 2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 4,195
  • s3 intake 3.jpg
    s3 intake 3.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 2,796

jonnyc

yeah, thats why i posted it.. :clap:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
The s3/ed30 has the dv located near the throttle body stock.

Correct, however, the distinction here is that he installed an aftermarket intake that does not have it's own provision for the recirulation hose after the MAF like the OEM corrugated plastic tube after the MAF.

He had to use some universal silicone pieces and some ingenuity to retain the relocated valve's position and function with this intake.

Had he not made his own recirculation pieces, there would have been no where for the valve to recirculate back into.

jonnyc

Correct, however, the distinction here is that he installed an aftermarket intake that does not have it's own provision for the recirulation hose after the MAF like the OEM corrugated plastic tube after the MAF.

He had to use some universal silicone pieces and some ingenuity to retain the relocated valve's position and function with this intake.

Had he not made his own recirculation pieces, there would have been no where for the valve to recirculate back into.

Yep, presume that your thinking of producing a version of your CAI for the Edition 30/S3?

Would be much neater to have a single piece silicon hose with DV take off moulded in etc, but would need some development so for me I bought parts so that I could retain the OEM recirc function..

The OEM recirc hose fit but thought it would be nicer to use some flexi hose (forge)

Sounds awesome on this car, alot different sound with the K04 and the different location with the DV.. Previously I had a MK5 GTI

Jonny

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

ahhh..gotcha. i wasn't aware that there wasn't a s3/ed30 intake yet that had the recirc features. :thumbsup:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
That's some good (and ingenious!) work you've done there. It all looks very neat as well.
I do like the placement of the DV on the S3/ed30 over that on our own cars...
£4k for a replacement engine though not including installation or ECU so not for me! (yes, I did go and ask... :p)

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Yep, presume that your thinking of producing a version of your CAI for the Edition 30/S3?

Would be much neater to have a single piece silicon hose with DV take off moulded in etc, but would need some development so for me I bought parts so that I could retain the OEM recirc function..

The OEM recirc hose fit but thought it would be nicer to use some flexi hose (forge)

Sounds awesome on this car, alot different sound with the K04 and the different location with the DV.. Previously I had a MK5 GTI

Jonny

As these are European only applications (S3, Ed. 30, Seat Leon), we won't be doing anything with it in the US, but my understanding is that Forge UK will be doing a version of the intake to accomodate this particular fitment concern.

I would recommend you check with them directly on it.

jonnyc

That's some good (and ingenious!) work you've done there. It all looks very neat as well.
I do like the placement of the DV on the S3/ed30 over that on our own cars...
£4k for a replacement engine though not including installation or ECU so not for me! (yes, I did go and ask... :p)

Thanks! worked out really well.. lots of playing around but if i was to do another one it would be really easy!

For 4K you could almost upgrade to an Edition 30!

I have to say im really impressed with the engine in the S3, feels like internally the engine is quite alot lighter and love the k04, lots of top end power, unlike my golf where it died around 5500rpm the S3 just starts going again!!

Jonny