GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Headlights are old, some one backed into the grille and cracked it.

It's weird though, the headlights arent faded they just have a ton of tiny scratches/cracks, almost like the UV coating is killing itself.

have you tried polishing them? The UV coating on MKV headlights isnt very durable

I have to compound and polish my wife's Fit headlights every six months because of fading/yellowing. Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish with a light cutting and polishing pad on the DA polisher does the job in about 10 minutes. I'm sure I could extend the timeline if I put a good sealant on there, but I just wax it afterwards.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
have you tried polishing them? The UV coating on MKV headlights isnt very durable

I have to compound and polish my wife's Fit headlights every six months because of fading/yellowing. Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish with a light cutting and polishing pad on the DA polisher does the job in about 10 minutes. I'm sure I could extend the timeline if I put a good sealant on there, but I just wax it afterwards.

Im scared that if I start polishing them it will be a never ending saga. At least the cracking isnt getting worse & it's only noticeable when the lights are on.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Im scared that if I start polishing them it will be a never ending saga. At least the cracking isnt getting worse & it's only noticeable when the lights are on.

Before trade in, my lights had the small cracks near the hood line. I just ignored them. Never any condensation or anything, so I didn't care haha.