GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners Pt2

Criz90

enjoying BT
Are any of you guys somewhat low or dropped pretty good? Just curious because right now I'm apr stage 3(tsi) and on coilovers. However I purchased a e-level air suspension kit seeing how I don't plan on tracking the car, big turbo was just for my enjoyment. Theres a thread on vortex about a mk6 stage 3+ gli with air and he's not able to air out because of the passenger side axle hitting/rubbing the turbo outlet hose. So just trying to see if mkv gti's have similar issues.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Are any of you guys somewhat low or dropped pretty good? Just curious because right now I'm apr stage 3(tsi) and on coilovers. However I purchased a e-level air suspension kit seeing how I don't plan on tracking the car, big turbo was just for my enjoyment. Theres a thread on vortex about a mk6 stage 3+ gli with air and he's not able to air out because of the passenger side axle hitting/rubbing the turbo outlet hose. So just trying to see if mkv gti's have similar issues.

Yes, I'm at 24" ftg and wore thru 1 charge hose already. Well not completely thru, I caught it just in time.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
yea, dont be low and racecar.

Jon_fsi

Passed Driver's Ed

im on airlift slams autopilot v1 and big turbo(atp kit Gt3076R) no prob what-so ever, all i did was c-notch and sit this low. dont know if GLI MK6 is any different. :iono:

HI_RES Link

mYGeL

Widebody AWD
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra
Please post any info you have. Id like my 4motion thread to be as informative as possible

Ok :) Happy to be able and help out and save some headache and time :)
ElsaWin Digrams isnt the funniest things to work with if you ask me :p

Posted in your thread now and might as well post here also :)

i used Gen2 Haldex. I suppose you will to?

Haldex 6 pin connector:

Pin 1: 15 power, L2 contector on J519 module
Pin 2: Negative(earth?) Connection
Pin 3: Brake Switch, E2 connector on J519 Module
Pin 4: Unused.
Pin 5: CAN-Low, T20K Pin 16 on J533 Module
Pin 6: CAN-High, T20K Pin 6 On J533 Module

besides that you also need to code in and attach the second fuellevel sender

Pin 1 - to ground connection
Pin 2 - Cluster Control Module (J285) 36-pin connetor Pin 16
Pin 3 - (J285) 36-pin connetor Pin 23

Also you need to change ABS Pump to one that supports the AWD or you wont have ABS. Everything will work but no ABS.

1K0614517AB is the pump with module i used.

and also ESP sensor to one that supports the AWD.

This one i used its from a Golf AWD 7H0 907 652 A
You will need to change it to one from a AWD car, only them use them that supports AWD but looks exactly the same as the one that is fitted already.

it is same contact and everything. it is under the passenger seat. :)

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
Alright Big Turbo Gurus i need some help... So my turbo kit is completely hooked up and ready to go... I've got a Eurodyne base file on the car and its running smoothly however my issue is im not getting ANY boost whatsoever.... also it just seems like its in some kind of limp mode that wont really allow it to go over 4200rpm or so and it takes a little while to even get to that rpm.
Just so you know i have the stock DV running from the charge piping to the intake, i have the stock Wastegate plugged in however just zip tied out of the way... i have the precision wastegate vacuum line hooked up to the turbo via the side bung while the 2nd side bung is capped off and the top bung is open to atmosphere. The rear passenger side PCV bungs are run to the intake while the U pipe on the front drivers side of the motor is blocked with the CTS Boost tap, so the only thing im getting from there is boost pressure to my gauge.
At idle i am sitting between 18-20in. lbs of vacuum... under full throttle at first it will jump up near 0 and then settle at around 4in. lbs of vacuum

To see if it was the DV i blocked the airflow through the piping leading to it and i still had no boost.....
Also, idk if it is related, but my CEL, ABS, and TC lights are all on steady.....

I am at a loss, i dont understand why im not getting boost. ive run some logs with the Maestro and if anyone can help me please pm me your email and i will send you the logs that i have run, the tune that i have on the car, or anything you need....

PLEASE HELP, i didnt install a Big Turbo to have 50hp and be limited to 4200RPM!!!!

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Last time I'm saying this,

Pictures, they help a ton.

I don't know what you have your stock waste gate hooked up to bit it shouldn't even be in the equation

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
The stock wastegate has an electrical connector on it. I was told by multiple people to simply connect it electronically and stick it somewhere because the car will throw a cel without it plugged in. The only reason I mentioned it was because I was trying to be as specific as possible and let you guys know everything that I have done.... But what do you want pictures of????

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
The stock wastegate has an electrical connector on it. I was told by multiple people to simply connect it electronically and stick it somewhere because the car will throw a cel without it plugged in. The only reason I mentioned it was because I was trying to be as specific as possible and let you guys know everything that I have done.... But what do you want pictures of????

Pictures of the questionable pieces of your setup.

Edit: just reread your post and now understand where your DV is.

I was under the impression that it wasnt even possible to use on a BT setup.

The factory wastegate, as long as the ECU is still receiving signal from it, may cause issues.

Im not nearly as well versed in this subject as some of the other posters here, so i couldnt give you details as to why this is the case, but thats what ive gotten from the small amount of BT research ive done.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
I was under the impression that it wasnt even possible to use on a BT setup. The factory wastegate, as long as the ECU is still receiving signal from it, may cause issues.
the n75 just being plugged in is not causing his issues.

what happens when you try to rev the engine over 4k?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

cruizin01

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Worked on my boost by gear setup again today. I had the 1st gear setup and working but wanted to add 2nd gear. just had to fab up another little bracket to hold the switch and then run a wire to the eboost2. Works like a charm. 2nd is now limed to around 18-20 psi. Helps to keep from blowing the tires off completely. Im gonna go back in and solder the wires to the new switch though. I dont like how the wires can come loose with just the spade connectors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus