GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official WS-6530 Thread

clunker

Same issues here.
-Plus, not very good radio reception

If you find the updated IGO, and find out how to install, could you post up a link please? :)
Chacolla - on your video you I think you mention the front USB port is not standard (ie not a minUSB as shown in the group buy page) is this the case or did I mishear you? The missing front aux and the non minUSB from port are additional issues to add to yr list.

Chacolla

Ready to race!
Chacolla - on your video you I think you mention the front USB port is not standard (ie not a minUSB as shown in the group buy page) is this the case or did I mishear you? The missing front aux and the non minUSB from port are additional issues to add to yr list.

Didn't care about AUX in...would never use that. I didn't even know that was a promised feature. The front USB port is not mini or microUSB. But, it came with a cable that allows you to use a regular full size USB cable for a flash drive/USB powered external hard drive.

Chacolla

Ready to race!
Same issues here.
-Plus, not very good radio reception

If you find the updated IGO, and find out how to install, could you post up a link please? :)

haha, yeah if I can figure it out! That's why I made placeholders up top...for important updates that get posted on page 16 in the future, I can go in and just edit them so that everything is right on the first page.

vwgtipowr

Ready to race!
Is there at least AUX input in the rear?

No AUX input and bad radio reception would be a problem. :(
I was told there was AUX input and radio reception should be the same as stock radio.

You guys with bad reception, are you using stock antennas?

Gr_Golf

Passed Driver's Ed
i have two questions, you said you have a sub, so does that mean that the unit has rca connectors, how did you hook up the sub and my other question is where can i get this unit.

Chacolla

Ready to race!
i have two questions, you said you have a sub, so does that mean that the unit has rca connectors, how did you hook up the sub and my other question is where can i get this unit.

It has a ton of RCA connections. Right now, my sub-woofer is hooked into the right rear/left rear RCA inputs. This means that when I adjust the bass in the EQ, the sub-woofer's bass adjusts to the speakers' bass. There is a single "input" for SUB so I need to by a Y-adapter. After I do that, it will allow me to independently control how much bass is output from the speakers and how much from the sub-woofer. Right now, this is the least of my worries.

*The blue one is for SUB. This is Skyline's picture! Sorry I took this!

SilverRubicon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
Last edited:

Chacolla

Ready to race!
Is there at least AUX input in the rear?

No AUX input and bad radio reception would be a problem. :(
I was told there was AUX input and radio reception should be the same as stock radio.

You guys with bad reception, are you using stock antennas?

If you watched my video, you would realize that I said: "I don't have the BEST signal, but that's partly because I am using a stubby antenna."

vwgtipowr

Ready to race!
If you watched my video, you would realize that I said: "I don't have the BEST signal, but that's partly because I am using a stubby antenna."

Yup, but SKY also said he had bad reception and I was curious if he and others had non-stock antennas also.

skyline513

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup, but SKY also said he had bad reception and I was curious if he and others had non-stock antennas also.

Yes, I said my reception was not so good. But honestly, I only was listening to one station. I'll try more tomorrow, and get back to you.

Chacolla: Use as many of my pics as you want. I could care less :thumbsup: haha