GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official WS-6530 Thread

Chacolla

Ready to race!
This thread is to be used for the new WS-6530 unit. This is the unit that 50 or so people purchased in a recent group buy. We should use THIS thread for all questions, problems/issues, general inquires, and for any customization available. Keeping everything within ONE single thread will make everything organized and easy to find.

Everyone knows what this unit can do. It's very similar to the WD-6050 with a few upgrades. Most notably, the upgrades are:
-Rear iPod support
-Rear external microphone for bluetooth (not included in package).
-Front USB support for flash drives/external hard drives.
-SDHC support for SD cards greater than 4GB.

I have created a ~12 minute video overview for my WS-6530 (split into two segments) and have uploaded to Youtube for everyone to see. Hopefully, this well help those who were skeptical about purchasing, or help those who need help with figuring out issues and so on.

WS-6530 Overview 1 of 2

WS-6530 Overview 2 of 2

Only picture I have available right now. If anyone else has pictures that they would like to post, please feel free to.

**For those that are having this problem with the GPS receiver not being automatically detected each time the iGo is run, follow these simple steps:
-Open up iGo and go to Settings -> GPS
-Click on the AUTODETECT which will automatically find your GPS receiver.
-After it is detected, write down the PORT and BAUD values.
-Place the GPS SD card in your computer and navigate to the sys.text file in the iGo8 folder
-Find the header labeled: [gps].
-Underneath this header, it will have: port="x" and baud="x"
-Replace the values in sys.txt with the values you found in the GPS unit after doing the Autodetect.

This will ensure that it defaults to the correct port and settings to find the GPS receiver each and every time you load the software.
** See Post #133 for Sub-Woofer Owners. How to independently control bass from stock speakers/sub-woofer.

Last edited:

Stoddy1980

Thanks for the video Chacolla, the unit looks good once working. Once we get the wiring sorted for everyone, we are onto a winner. Tinkering with the software isnt a problem for most of us, its was just the prospect of cutting cables/soldering that freaked me out.

Lets hope mine is released from chinese customs sometime in the near future!

juanmorog

thanks for the videos Chacolla, a question: I have not seen any pictures of videos on screen menu changed for these units (Radio, GPS, DVD, IPD, BT, DVB-T, USB, SD, AUX, CAMERA) do you has or is like the old one?

golf for life

Ready to race!
chacolla thank you for the video but I have a small question from you, does it say anywhere on the unit that it is produced by maisun?(maybe on the instruction book..)
maisun is the manufacturer of the mt-6501 or more known as the wd6050 unit..
the ws6530 is almost identical to the 6050 and I realy would like to know if maisun is the manufacturer of it

Chacolla

Ready to race!
chacolla thank you for the video but I have a small question from you, does it say anywhere on the unit that it is produced by maisun?(maybe on the instruction book..)
maisun is the manufacturer of the mt-6501 or more known as the wd6050 unit..
the ws6530 is almost identical to the 6050 and I realy would like to know if maisun is the manufacturer of it

Honestly, it does not say it anywhere.

SilverRubicon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
So does this mean you guys are going to accept this item, even though it is not the one we all payed for?

We don't really know what we paid for. It's the not unit pictured on the group buy page, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the wrong unit. It appears to have all the features that were promised, but the case isn't gold. It is short an external microphone but Joe is looking into that as well as a few other things.

Chacolla

Ready to race!
The only thing that is different from what we "thought" we were getting was the gold case, and that they were going to include an external microphone. Neither of those things bother me because I can pick up the microphone for less than $10 bucks anyways. Even if we were buying the WD6050, it's STILL cheaper than what we would have normally spent. Like I said, it takes a lot of tinkering...and when all the tiny software issues get worked out, it's definitely a cool little toy to have. I'm not asking for a refund...I do want to know why my GPS disables itself everytime I shut the car off, though.

But, I'm looking forward to using Tom Tom on this soon and picking up my microphone sometime this week.

juanmorog

I pay for the web Oskaramerica by:
-back gold was: DO NOT SENT
-disposal caratula buttons: DIFFERENT
-onscreen-menu again: DO NOT SEND
-external microphone-bluetooth: DO NOT SEND

all this nonsense of failures I've asked for reimbursement of what I paid, I think it is my right