GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XOLA3QUE'S Stage 3 brakes........ MASSIVE PROBLEM!

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
K well I don't like doing this but......

I started talking with xola3que, back in early 2010 about his stage 2 brake setup, which I bought had no problems receiving and getting the parts, in a timely manner everything was perfect! I was so excited with how everything turned out that, I jumped the gun and got back in contact with xola3que, to order up his stage 3 kit all around, again everything went smoothly and the transaction was a piece of cake.... Although this is where it's starts going downhill......

Again this is still the early beginnings of 2010, as xola3que was doing me a favor by selling me his brake kit that he was originally planning to use (or at least that's what he told me) as time went by I received the brackets, the hats, and almost everything I needed except for the bolt kit, which wasn't included during shipping, stuff happens and I understand so I contacted xola3que, to tell him I was missing the bolts, I was told the bolts would ship shortly after.

Another 3 or so months go by and still no bolts....... I contact xola3que, trying to sort out what has happened, at this point he tells me he has had a major family issue (no need to go into details about this, well because it's a family matter) I said to him I completely understand, and that my family actually had just gone through something similar. I decided just to back off and be a nice guy, because xola3que went out of his way to help me get the stage 3 kit in the beginning, and actually sold me the set he had planned on running. This is in late 2010.

I waited all the way until 2012 before sending another pm to xola3que, asking about the situation, and asking about the family and hoping that everyone was doing well, he said at that point he was just getting back into the swing of things and for me to resend my address to get the bolts out, I thought perfect and resent him my address.

I waited another couple weeks before messaging back asking if they had been shipped? He told me they did and that I would be receiving them within a week or 2........ That was august 3rd, I have still yet to receive my bolts!

I have now sent a bunch of pm's trying to get a hold of xola3que, but I get no reply, over my last couple messages I've told xola3que that I would be making a thread and adding all the Pm's to it because now I'm at the point where I feel I'm getting ignored completely.

This deal has taken almost 2 year and for this whole time I've been waiting for a $50 bolt kit.

When I get to an actual computer ill post the Pm's.... Hopefully there is someone in the connecticut area that would A) know xola3que and get a hold of him or B) know what I can do in this situation.

Sorry for a rant of a post and terrible grammar, but I'm basically at the end of my rope, and trying to be a nice guy hasn't legitimately got me anywhere so I feel like it needs to be brought to the attention of the forum.

I have no ill will towards John, I just want my god damn bolt kit for this brake setup!

/rant

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Wow wells hes a douchebag

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Wow wells hes a douchebag

dont jump to conclusions so quick. from what i've seen, xo has been a valued member with lots of helpful info, and selling some decent brake kits.

im in to hear his response to this. i hope you guys get it sorted out soon. i can't imagine waiting 2 years for something i paid for. i would go buck wild

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
dont jump to conclusions so quick. from what i've seen, xo has been a valued member with lots of helpful info, and selling some decent brake kits.

im in to hear his response to this. i hope you guys get it sorted out soon. i can't imagine waiting 2 years for something i paid for. i would go buck wild

Yea your right but damn 2 years? I understand family problems and all, everyone goes thru that, but damn waiting 2 years for bolts, thats crazy:iono:

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
i totally agree, oscar has the patience of a monk to be able to stand a 2 year wait just for bolts.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Is there no where else to get the bolts you need? You are a patient man indeed.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Have you tried to contact him on vortex, I believe he has an account there as well

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
I dealt with him in early 2012, and picked up the very last full kit he had made from the final GB in 2011 (i think) - communication with him went smoothly.

Too bad you didn't post this months ago... as I could have given you exact measurements of all the bolts. They sat on my table for about 2 months while I waited on rotor rings to be manufactured.

If you have the brackets and calipers already you should be able to calculate what size bolts you need, no?

Then just place an order yourself through McMaster-Carr website. That is what I had to do for the rotor/hat hardware.

I believe the bracket and rotor bolts are the same Grade 8 socket head type, w. stover lock nuts.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie

Exactly why it took me so long to actually bring this up openly on the board, he's been a great forum member supplying extremely good information, I wanted to exhaust all avenues before finally making it open to everyone.

You will get your bolts after you whore out more pics of your car. I love the bodywork on it! good luck with the breaks man.

Not much has changed so no need to whore just yet lol

Is there no where else to get the bolts you need? You are a patient man indeed.

There are plenty of places locally I can order the bolts from, the issue with that is I'm out the $50 I paid for the bolt kit + what ever else I'm going to need to buy.

I dealt with him in early 2012, and picked up the very last full kit he had made from the final GB in 2011 (i think) - communication with him went smoothly.

Too bad you didn't post this months ago... as I could have given you exact measurements of all the bolts. They sat on my table for about 2 months while I waited on rotor rings to be manufactured.

If you have the brackets and calipers already you should be able to calculate what size bolts you need, no?

Then just place an order yourself through McMaster-Carr website. That is what I had to do for the rotor/hat hardware.

I believe the bracket and rotor bolts are the same Grade 8 socket head type, w. stover lock nuts.

Ya communication at the early stages of the transaction we perfect, quick replies, and right to the point, but since then they have dramatically gone down hill.

As stated above was trying to exhaust all avenues before going public, For me to figure out what bolts to use wouldn't be that hard, it's just I paid for a bolt on kit. Which can't happen if you don't have any bolts for that bolt on kit lol