GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiper quirk

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Does anybody's wiper move slightly out of place when the key is pulled out of the ignition?

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
no... not that i know of anyways..

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
mine did once and it was last night i havn't used the car since so im hoping it doesnt happen again

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Not much when I pull the key out it seems as if the car thinks I'm putting into service mode for the wipers, but then it sees that I'm not , so the movement is like a studder maybe a quarter inch/half inch movement something like that. This happens on my right wiper blade.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It does this to prolong the life of the blades, and so that the wipers can't freeze stuck in an ice or snow storm.

The quick movement, is the blade being flipped over to reduce wear. Hard to explain, just watch it closely next time and I think it will make more sense.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I'm a big dork, but one of the things I like about these wipers is how they won't get stuck halfway up the windshield if you turn the car off. When you turn the car off the wipers drop down to the hood and then do the small movement we've talked about.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yep, my left wiper "shudders" similar to what you're describing when I take the key out of the ignition. Also, my rear wiper just has a mind of it's own. It hasn't rained here in a while, so I know I haven't changed the wiper stick position, but periodically the rear wiper will activate on it's own. Once it wouldn't stop, and I had to stop and restart the car to get it to turn off. Another time while driving, it just wouldn't come on at all. I had to stop and restart the car to get it to work.

Damn wipers!

S

Stephen_uk

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sport
***THIS IS NOT A DEFECT!!!!***

The wipers 'park' in 4 different positions, causing your blades to last longer. They tend to dip into the bonnet/ hood when driving fast to improve airflow etc.

Dont take it back to the dealer - instead, read your manual!

:thumbsup: