GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window roll down delay

Britishav8tor

Ready to race!
Recently I've been noticing that when I get into the car and turn it on I have to wait anywhere from 10-20 seconds before the window controls do anything.
Anyone else had this problem?

Car - 07 Gti 110K mi. The only central electrical mods, window open/close via remote but that was done ages ago and the windows worked fine until recently.

Its not a real big deal just sucks on a hot day to have to wait to roll the windows down.

Britishav8tor

Ready to race!
@the Fed - Vagcom showed no errors

I was thinking battery as well - and you all are probably right after all its the original battery which is now 5.5 years old and served me well for 110K miles. Time to get a new one I guess :)

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI

smallsmatilda

Banned

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
Battery. I had the same issue. Also, the lighting to the buttons was delayed for a few seconds after startup.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
im pretty sure my battery is going also .. orginal battery from 2008 and sometimes when i go to start my car it will turn over pause and then turn over again start and everytime that happens my windows will not auto roll down eventually after 2-3 more starts the windows will resume normal operation ... there will be a dely of 10-20 seconds before my windows will roll down just like op issue and my radio will ALWAYS be off when i first turn my car on .... im pretty sure its the battery just havent made it to the dealer to get a new one altho im sure those are stupid expensive so i might just get the optima battery from autozone ..

btw anyone know how much the battery is from the dealer ?

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
im pretty sure my battery is going also .. orginal battery from 2008 and sometimes when i go to start my car it will turn over pause and then turn over again start and everytime that happens my windows will not auto roll down eventually after 2-3 more starts the windows will resume normal operation ... there will be a dely of 10-20 seconds before my windows will roll down just like op issue and my radio will ALWAYS be off when i first turn my car on .... im pretty sure its the battery just havent made it to the dealer to get a new one altho im sure those are stupid expensive so i might just get the optima battery from autozone ..

btw anyone know how much the battery is from the dealer ?

I want to say the battery was like $60-70.

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
wow a weak battery can cause all sorts of problems in these cars. mine is weak and also have the window problem

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
Car(s)
2019 VW gti autobahn
ill just head to the dealer tomarrow and find out .

Moosecakes

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
60-70$?? Local stealer fucks here said $230 for an OEM battery. Lol FUCK OFF. I hope it's that cheap for you guys. I'll take my 17lb battery for 1/2 the cost anyday.