GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why LSD for DD?

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
I'll get to the bottom of this over priced labor. Paid $3850 to be exact. We'll see what the verdict is. So far all the components works like a dream.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
If you already paid, don't expect money back.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
$1800 in labor. Sounds like they charged you full labor for each LSD and clutch when much of the same work applies to both. You had these done at the same time, right?

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Yeah. Everything seems legit so I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Legit? Getting double charged for labor isn't "legit". They may have done the work properly but you got hosed on the price.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Yeah. Everything seems legit so I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did new clutches in my DSG and had them install an LSD and my labor charges probably were similar to yours. I used a shop well known for quality work AUTuning and they indeed got everything right but you pay top prices when you go to a shop like that, which is fine with me.

I just did new clutches in my DSG and had them install an LSD and my labor charges probably were similar to yours. I used a shop well known for quality work AUTuning and they indeed got everything right but you pay top prices when you go to a shop like that, which is fine with me.

You have a dsg, that's is a whole nother animal is terms of transmissions. Lots of special tools to go with that box. Clutches are easy and only need a single measurement. Most dsgs that I've seen opened up at an outside shop have a broken case on the pump side.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Legit? Getting double charged for labor isn't "legit". They may have done the work properly but you got hosed on the price.

No I didn't get double charged. After reviewing (labor break down for clutch, diff, forks, including tranny tear down & clean, resurfaced flywheel, misc parts required for reassembling), total came out correct. I talked to other people local with VW & audi vehicles who used the same shop & their price came to close the same as well. Not saying this shop offered the best price, but from what they specialize in & reputation, I plan on using them again for any future projects.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
You have a dsg, that's is a whole nother animal is terms of transmissions. Lots of special tools to go with that box. Clutches are easy and only need a single measurement. Most dsgs that I've seen opened up at an outside shop have a broken case on the pump side.

So anyone with DSG is going to pay double the labor on a diff??

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Automatic dual clutch has to be nightmare fuel to many mechanics out there. Dunno anyone locally that will touch them outside of a dedicated transmission shop.

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
The dsg trans isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. You just need to be careful and a lot of parts cannot be found here in the US. I disassembled mine and put a lsd in without ever having worked on a trans before.