GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why is traffic always screwed when it rains?

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
So far I've covered 1km in 27 minutes with light rain in the cbd. Buses appear to be running late as well looking at the queues. Is because we get rain so rarely in QLD?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

HCGTI

Ready to race!
cos we have shit drivers everywhere.

its the same in Melbourne.
when ever it rains, no matter how light or heavy, most ppl slow down to 20 km/h under the speed limit!!
like srsly!!! if you don't have the confidence to drive in all conditions, GET OFF THE FUCKEN ROAD!!!

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
I had a few drivers this morning i wanted to educate with a baseball bat, one doing 30 in a 60 and a yaris xrs doing 20-25 in a 50. ffs I'm rat running to save time.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Wipperman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
`
all the tools who catch pubic ( yes that's right..Pubic ) transport, drive to work when it rains.

Special needs people!!

isaw

Banned
OT: mav how u find the nexus? my iphone was nicked and i'm looking for a replacement.
pros/cons?

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
OT: mav how u find the nexus? my iphone was nicked and i'm looking for a replacement.
pros/cons?

Awesome! So much better than the iphone (overrated pos IMO).

HTC are releasing the HTC dream (or something like that) shortly which is essentially the same hardware (they make the Nexus One) but like all the other manufacturers they add their own software on top so they don't get all the latest OS releases as soon as they come out like the Nexus One does.

Can't fault it so far, the keyboard on my work icrud is a tiny bit better but other than that it's great. I moved my emails over to google apps for the integration with the phone and also things like picasa as I can view all my photos from my phone and send high res ones to people.

It's the first phone after many years that I've actually been happy with, had a host of windows mobile phones, blackberries (work), icrud (work but not for long going back to windows mobile) and after around 6 weeks no complaints.

Camera is good, huge range of apps available, heaps of features (google gears is great) and the list goes on.

Only catch is that if you want to use paid apps don't use Optarse as the pricks block access to paid apps and want you to use their app store (which has 5 apps on it :lol:).

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
yeah pretty screwed up, people doing like half the speed just because it's raining and they are too tightarsed to buy good tyres and have a panic attack.

zogger

Ready to race!
Rather people be over cautious than have some wanker run into me and make my day kick off in a bad way. Which has nearly happened four times so far.

So bloody glad it doesn't snow here considering how drivers tend to become erratic when it rains. Just love watching the ford and holden drivers doing wheel spins...

STOIE

CBR VW OC Founder
Car(s)
MkV R32
Ohh man trust me it annoys the FURK out of me!!!!

I have a 100 zone on the way to work in light traffic, people up front do 80 when there is no-one infront of them....?

Then when its raining lightly they are lucky to break 60.... it's just like owww a little water falling from the sky.... brake!!!! Slow down, might have a 1% of wheel spin thats completely unnoticeable!

... and cause a traffic jam/accident/road rage in the mean while... tools

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Easy.... instant idiots, just add water :biggrin: If they aren't going too slow they don't modify their driving at all and are just a rear ender waiting to happen.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Probably doesn't help that we are getting less rainfall too.

People aren't used to driving in it all the time like they were and now probably freak out when they have to.

Nardi330

Euro > JDM
Car(s)
08 Golf GTI 5dr DSG
a usual 30mins trip (from Sunnybank to Hamilton) took over 90 mins last night (around 6pm). and it wasn't pouring down either.

i sat near the Clem7 entry for 30mins and i was so hoping it is open and i'm more than happy to pay $4.28 for once.....