GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who is the TR GTI on the Gold Coast with Audi style headlights with LED DRL?

bj240z

I know this is going to be useless without pics...but I'm soo hoping that this guy is on this site. I saw him passing through Surfers, heading North up the Gold Coast Highway around 2pm Sunday.

The look was so nice on this car, I'm hoping that we can find who this person is and they can tell us all about their lights and how they did it.

Cheers,

BJ

bj240z

bj240z

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG

bj240z

Apparantly these are for standard halogens only and dont work with bixenon cars. some guys in the US have these and tested it from what i remember

Well that makes me feel a whole lot better about my purchase then! I'd rather have better night vision, then cooler day time looks....but damm, I love the design. If only we could have both. Anyone for a mythical creature???

bj240z

dude i thought you'd be happy with your bixenons?

Love the xenons! :biggrin: I actually just changed out some bulbs in them last night, as I've still not had a chance to put them in yet...

But I do lust for the look of the S5 lights :wink:

Maverick

Go Kart Champion

That's a cheap xenon kit that someone added to the standard unit.

The problem is that you loose the ability to flash your lights, on the bi-xenons you have a halogen for the flash. On a standard halogen housing if you fit one of the dodgy xenon kits you still get halogen for high beam and flashing.

With this you flash and have to wait for the xenon to start up and the shutter to open up. It could take 5+ seconds to flash and if you just flick the stalk to flash a few times you'll end up with screwed up xenons in no time as they're not designed to operate for short periods of time.

These are a poor design for leaving out the halogen for high beam and replacing it with an indicator bulb.

TimT

Go Kart Champion
I dunno about these S5 look alike headlights. they look ok on their own but installed on the car they design of the leds really doesnt flow with the golfs body work very well.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
I dunno about these S5 look alike headlights. they look ok on their own but installed on the car they design of the leds really doesnt flow with the golfs body work very well.

Nor do they work well on S5's or any other Audi's, Porsche now use them :mad:, although quite subtle (separate to the headlights) DRL are a big wank IMO. I'd be trying to disable them.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
Nor do they work well on S5's or any other Audi's, Porsche now use them :mad:, although quite subtle (separate to the headlights) DRL are a big wank IMO. I'd be trying to disable them.
so do Mercedes!! they are on the new E-Class

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI