GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who have GTI with Brembo breaks¿?

Air

Passed Driver's Ed
I look in this forum somebody upload photo, a GTI with Brembo break. Please can you giveme de link.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I was told when taking delivery that they were Brembos. Brembo makes OEM for lots of Euro cars. I've never actually examined the brakes that well but I will here in a few minutes.

Results to be continued....haha

MKVboi

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Lol. The manual and brochures didnt mention anything about it. And the rear brakes have the VW and Audi logo, so i'm guessin they arent Brembos

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
If it is TRW then I am still very happy. TRW is a good brand. BUT, I also was under the asumption they were Brembo from the factory.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
loccusst said:
If it is TRW then I am still very happy. TRW is a good brand. BUT, I also was under the asumption they were Brembo from the factory.

Ok good, for a minute there I thought I was crazy. My salesman told me they were Brembo, but they have been known to be wrong in the past.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
MHS216 said:
My salesman told me they were Brembo, but they have been known to be wrong in the past.

Salesmen get it wrong??? :eek: Say it isn't so!! :laugh:

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
I'm pretty sure they're made by TRW and not brembo. If they were, I don't think VW marketing would miss the chance to plaster "brembo" all over their brochures.

Regardless, I took the liberty to keep the factory-tuned performance and add the "name-value" bling myself. Heheh. Here's the result...

(Most real brembo conossoisseurs will call it but the kids will "ooh & ahh~".) :biggrin:

Attachments

• rear_caliper.JPG
    rear_caliper.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,172

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Sweet! And while you're at it why don't you put a sticker on that says you have bigger turbo, or a VR6 or something.

Why would you brand something that its not?

seung

Oval Newbie

DubDriver17 said:
... And while you're at it why don't you put a sticker on that says you have bigger turbo, or a VR6 or something...

yea, man.
why don't you just go
the whole nine yards.

Last edited: