GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline swaybars: 22mm vs 24mm?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hi guys
looking at getting a Whiteline rear sway bar and was wondering which way to go? There's a 22mm and a 24mm.
anyone tested one vs the other? is the 24mm RSB heaps stiffer than the 22mm or only mildly? There's only 50 bucks difference so price isn't an issue.

Anyway, waddya reckon?

:thumbup: OR :thumbdown:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
just get the 24mm one. it's not overly aggressive by any means but makes a wonderful difference. just know that you will have to lube the bushings up every once in a while or else it will squeak.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
What suspension do you have or are you planning for ultimately?

Stock suspension at the moment but will be going H&R sport springs(I have 19's and cant go to low, Aussie roads are shit) and some koni yellows. I might, that's MIGHT, go for coilovers. I dont track my car so not sure about the coilovers.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
What are your goals for your car?

I just really need to get it planted. When I push hard enough I get to much body roll and too much understeer. An antilift kit will fix my wheel tramp and a bit of under steer, the FSB and RSB should fix the rest of the understeer and help the car corner.
As I havn't really hit the limit of the car yet, I wanted to do all this(and make sure the car is planted) before a reflash.

PS- I will be going straight to stage 2! Yay! :happyanim:

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
For the RSB my best advice is to go as big as possible. Most of the swaybars are 3 way adjustable so if it's too much you can always loosen it up. But usually they are not stiff enough. You'll enjoy the increased responsiveness, less understeer and all without making the car ride harsh.

About the understeer:
Upgrading the FSB will reduce your body roll while increasing understeer. The stock FSB is very thick as it is.