GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whiteline swaybars: 22mm vs 24mm?

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Hi guys
looking at getting a Whiteline rear sway bar and was wondering which way to go? There's a 22mm and a 24mm.
anyone tested one vs the other? is the 24mm RSB heaps stiffer than the 22mm or only mildly? There's only 50 bucks difference so price isn't an issue.

Anyway, waddya reckon?

:thumbup: OR :thumbdown:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I've got the 24mms on my Pirelli for 2mths now - front and rear set to the medium hard setting - I wouldn't mind if they were set to the hardest setting actually but that is my preference. I used to have a 22mm H&R RSB set on soft and the 24mm WhiteLine RSB set to medium soft is IMO about the same stiffness.

I'd say get the 24mm bars and set it to the softest setting if you are worried about them being too uncomfortable.

HTH.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Yep, that's exactly what I was worried about. I'll probably just go the 24's then.

Would you recommend a front sway bar straight away?

Cheers

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Yep - most definately and you might as well do the Anti-lift Kit at the same time as it is cheaper to have both (FSB & ALK) installed at the same time.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
yeah i was looking at the anti lift kit as well. All the reviews I've read say nothing but good things.
I was going to do a reflash at first, but I kinda decided that I still havnt found the limits of the car yet so I'll just do some minor things and the do the reflash towards the end of the year.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
I was talking to Peter at Bluefin, and I'll be going straight to stage 2. Should be an eye opener when that happens, I wanted to make sure it was planted first!

triode12

Go Kart Champion
No worries. The FSB stopped the car from diving into corners. Mleung has got the ALK and H&R RSB on his Pirelli but it still understeers quite a bit on the corners even with his SHS coilovers installed. The FSB (in concert with the RSB) does make my car (also a Pirelli) corner like it is on rails (with stock suspension). The only limitation now IMO is the idiot behind the wheel .i.e.me.

Whatever brand you go with - H&R, Eibach or Whiteline. I would recommend getting both sways (F&R).

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Yeah understeer is a bitch. I'll probably get the RSB installed and then do the ALK and FSB at the same time in a month or so(damn house payments get in the way of everything!).

One of my mates owns a Midas so hoists and labor is usually free!

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
No worries. The FSB stopped the car from diving into corners. Mleung has got the ALK and H&R RSB on his Pirelli but it still understeers quite a bit on the corners even with his SHS coilovers installed. The FSB (in concert with the RSB) does make my car (also a Pirelli) corner like it is on rails (with stock suspension). The only limitation now IMO is the idiot behind the wheel .i.e.me.

Whatever brand you go with - H&R, Eibach or Whiteline. I would recommend getting both sways (F&R).

No RSB yet Shannon. Soon though.... we will need to go do another comparison once it's in.