GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What would be the best way to repair these..?! (Sorry 56k'ers)

rambo8521

OK, first of all please excuse the noob questions; I've never really done any detailing or anything before, only washed and dried my cars using the method on www.polishedbliss.co.uk.

After inheriting my 06 r32 off my Dad, I noticed these blemishes and want to put them right...

First, there's a line on the driver's door where it looks like another car's door has been opened onto it.

Then there's inside the rear offside door where it looks like someone has been a bit clumsy getting in.

Then there's a bit of a scrape where the wiper blades were left folded up and the car was started, and they caught the very edge of the bonet.

Then there's a bit where I clipped a hedgehog on the front bodykit. There was no braking from 60mph for it, it was just over the brow of a hill, and no swerving because of other cars. I had to just take the knock. No photo because I couldn't get one to show it properly - only overexposed because of flash or too dark because of no flash. It's just a little light scuffing on the very bottom of the lip.

The photos here show the blemishes in the worst light; they aren't really noticable, and so I want to take the time and do a proper job instead of rushing it. Preferably DIY, but would consider a professional job if you think it would be a lot better.

Thanks for any advice,
rambo8521.

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
Rambo,

If you want any body work doing I recomend Andy Perrys on Huntington Street in Nottingham. They fitted and paint matched my front bumper and it looks perfect. Also done a mates merc with outstanding results.

They maybe able to sort out the door and the door sill. I dunno about the wipers.

rambo8521

Thanks for the tip - done a search and I'm guessing you mean Allan Perrys. I've never been able to find a really good bodyshop around Nottingham, so thanks for the tip! I'll pop in one day this week and get a quote for it all.

Thanks for the help.

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
yeh sorry Allen Perrys. Where the feck did Andy come from?

rambo8521

:eek: Don't think I'll be going anywhere near my paintwork with sandpaper..!!!! Not got the confidence to do anything like that! But the results look good though, must be a good method.

Cheers for the help, but provided the quotes arent too much, I'll just go with the pro job I think.

PCG

Passed Driver's Ed
As always, start mild. Have you hit the defects with clay then a light polish? Maybe a heavier polish or light compound if that doesn't work?

You might find that will be enough to effectively hide or even remove them. 90% removal is usually enough so that you can live with it.

It's tough to tell in photos just what's going on, so I'd start with some safe and mild correction. The bonnet scratch looks a little scarier though.

Good luck!