GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
what I'm finding out though, is that upgraded hpfp isn't all that's required to go above E30.....once you run out of injector timing, that's the limit of your injectors and may not even be able to utilize anything higher. MPI will fix though.....and deeper down the rabbit hole I go

Yea you definitely want LPFP / MPI to run high E content safely. I did the silly bit of getting a HPFP thinking that's all I'd want and then going LPFP and MPI shortly after. No issues running the fueling system that way yet but I still have my stock HPFP if we need to go back.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yea you definitely want LPFP / MPI to run high E content safely. I did the silly bit of getting a HPFP thinking that's all I'd want and then going LPFP and MPI shortly after. No issues running the fueling system that way yet but I still have my stock HPFP if we need to go back.
so once I dial in my E30....I'll see if there's room for E45 and I'll just enjoy it for a bit and start saving for MPI I suppose.......like what I was "advised" to do about 1.5 years ago LOL

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
Lowered it on EMD springs. Used the 'metal' 2x4 method. Not a bad install, one front strut was a real pain in the ass to get back in seated correctly. Looks so much better.

Also got it tinted. 35% windshield and 15% all around.

IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2392.jpeg

swimming gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI w/DSG

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Looks hella good. Does 15% make it harder to see at night? I want to do 20% but someone told me it makes it too dark inside...prbly going to do it anyway tho
I thought NJ was one of those nazi states when it comes to window tint were they don't allow tint on the driver and passenger windows?

Francoleon91

Autocross Newbie
I thought NJ was one of those nazi states when it comes to window tint were they don't allow tint on the driver and passenger windows?
when I lived in NY, I had my mk6 front windows tinted like %60 and got pulled over 3 times.. I wouldn't have dared the thought of tinting my windshield now I live in florida and my windshield is %35 lol. Love it.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
when I lived in NY, I had my mk6 front windows tinted like %60 and got pulled over 3 times.. I wouldn't have dared the thought of tinting my windshield now I live in florida and my windshield is %35 lol. Love it.
I bought my 2005 GLI brand new in NJ because they were the only ones that had one in Black Magic Pearl within a 125 mile radius. When I brought it to MD even thought I had Texas tags they wouldn't tint the car with anything lower than the 45% allowed at the time, TX was 20% all over. Now we have 25% for driver/pass and no restriction for the rest. They don't have a rating for the windshield other than 25% on the top 5" or at the ASI line. All the shops I have gone to do clear ceramic on the windshield, the tint on mine is slightly bluish and looks like a 75%.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I bought my 2005 GLI brand new in NJ because they were the only ones that had one in Black Magic Pearl within a 125 mile radius. When I brought it to MD even thought I had Texas tags they wouldn't tint the car with anything lower than the 45% allowed at the time, TX was 20% all over. Now we have 25% for driver/pass and no restriction for the rest. They don't have a rating for the windshield other than 25% on the top 5" or at the ASI line. All the shops I have gone to do clear ceramic on the windshield, the tint on mine is slightly bluish and looks like a 75%.
Clear ceramic is a winning move. I gotta do it soon-ish on several of the cars, the summer is shaping up to be pretty warm here.

swimming gti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI w/DSG
I thought NJ was one of those nazi states when it comes to window tint were they don't allow tint on the driver and passenger windows
Yeah technically it's illegal, but everyone has tint and noone gets pulled over for it. Maybe cops just have more important things to worry about now idk...

Same with front plates, it's illegal but I havent used a front plate for 6 years and never been bothered about it

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Not much but did work on trying to plan a visit to a shop for bumper re-spray, headlight swap out, coilover adjustment, or just waiting a while as I need to drive it back and forth to work while wife's Kia is being repaired or totaled or whatever they plan with it. College kid ran the light and turned left in front of her, taking out the driver front fender and the majority of the suspension components. I did however park my GTI next to the new 2024 Atlas the wife and I bought over the weekend.

The only picture I have is this one taken Saturday after getting home from the dealer. Originally planned on and looked at a Tiggy, but wife liked the extra room in the Atlas.
atlas.PNG

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Broken rear spring on 2015 1.8.... 99k miles. Overnighted one from Rock Auto for 100$ total. Hoping its as simple as compressing the old one out and compressing the new one to go in... maybe disconnect the strut and rear roll bar for for control arm travel?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Broken rear spring on 2015 1.8.... 99k miles. Overnighted one from Rock Auto for 100$ total. Hoping its as simple as compressing the old one out and compressing the new one to go in... maybe disconnect the strut and rear roll bar for for control arm travel?
Rear springs are pretty easy to do, though you might want to just get a couple new stretch bolts from the dealer and unbolt the sway bar end link, trailing arm, and lower strut so you can swing everything around however you like. But not nearly as annoying as the front springs.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Rear springs are pretty easy to do, though you might want to just get a couple new stretch bolts from the dealer and unbolt the sway bar end link, trailing arm, and lower strut so you can swing everything around however you like. But not nearly as annoying as the front springs.
Must I do this? Or will I be able to finaggle it enough?