GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Way to go guys...

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
"The claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your liability rating group for bodily injury and/or property damage coverages. Please see the premium adjustment message on the back of this notice for an explanation."

You guys must've been wrecking a lot of MkV's over the last 6 months because I'm pretty sure my previous state-farm policy had a reduction in the premium.

Bodily injury and property damage... that's how we roll in our dubbs! (well, not in my dubb)

crash331

Photographer
Car(s)
2008 GTI BM 4dr 6MT
The insurance companies didn't like me to begin with. It's all a scam, IMO.

They wanted $1800 every 6 months. That would have been about as much as the car payment itself. Had to get my step-dad to co-sign, not for financial reasons but so that we could get the policy under his name.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
This site has a good amount of MKV owners and I have rarely ever seen a thread about one being wrecked. That or maybe logging into this site instantly makes you a better driver? So I smell excuse making from your insurance company because they want more money..

Xoulrath

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't feel bad. When I called to swap my insurance from the Z to the GTI, I was shocked: "Your premium has gone up $33.xx every six months." What?! It's only five bucks a month, but still, how do you go from a rwd sports car to a fwd hot hatch and go up? The Z was an 06 with the same coverage.

I would have expected that with the Civic Si (exorbitant rates on those or any Civic thanks to theft and street racing), not with the GTI. I guess it must cost a lot to repair.

What's so bad is when I found out it was going to be a bit more every month, I started calling around and was quoted almost twice what I pay now!

i think it's bullshit unless you've been in an accident with your car for premiums to raise. I thought insurance contracts were like real contracts in that they were leagally binding and couldn't be modified or changed unless an appeal and compromise was reached. They can pretty much charge you whatever they want at this point. I got a letter from State Farm the other day that I haven't opened but if they try and screw me I'll dump them.

What it seriously is, mommy and daddy buying GTIs for their little high school punk kids and then those kids end up driving that shit into a family's van because they wanted to race some douche bag in the mazda 3 next to them.

JohnHS

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm with Allstate and when I was calling on a quote for a new GTI it almost doubled from my '99 A4. And the difference between a GTI and the R32 was only about $5 a month. Wound up going with shelter for about $300 less every 6 months. I had been with Allstate for over 20 years but they priced themselves out.

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
"The claim experience on your make and model of vehicle has resulted in an increase to your liability rating group for bodily injury and/or property damage coverages. Please see the premium adjustment message on the back of this notice for an explanation."

You guys must've been wrecking a lot of MkV's over the last 6 months because I'm pretty sure my previous state-farm policy had a reduction in the premium.

Crap.

Wait.

*checks current bill due this week*

Looks like I'm fine for the next 6 months.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
f you guys i drive an orange car. you don't even know.

crashing my car is not an option. i think i would never stop crying.

MC.R

I'm with Allstate and when I was calling on a quote for a new GTI it almost doubled from my '99 A4. And the difference between a GTI and the R32 was only about $5 a month. Wound up going with shelter for about $300 less every 6 months. I had been with Allstate for over 20 years but they priced themselves out.

yea i left allstate too... they are pricing themselves out of the market... it's happening a lot.. i dont know what their deal is now but its not good hands its begging hands now.. they want lots of cash for the same coverage other companies will offer for half the cost its nuts
i went from $6k a year with a 2005 civic to $1,300 a YEAR!!! not every 6 months... for the whole year with AAA and when i bought my GTI it went to $1,375 for the year

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
there are advantages to paying more for insurance, such as a complete umbrella plan that goes beyond the coverages of most people's insurance. maybe i pay too much with allstate (in other's opinion) but i am covered way beyond average.

MC.R

f you guys i drive an orange car. you don't even know.

crashing my car is not an option. i think i would never stop crying.

yea me too.... i keep trying to emphasize this to people and they dont understand... a civic almost hit me hardcore the other day and i got really flustered about it and my friend is like chill if it gets totalled you have insurance get a new one and im like NO you dont understand there are only 1,200 i cant replace this car, i can in a different color but not this fahrenheit editon unless i buy a used one which id never do or somehow find one that hasnt been sold yet

MC.R

there are advantages to paying more for insurance, such as a complete umbrella plan that goes beyond the coverages of most people's insurance. maybe i pay too much with allstate (in other's opinion) but i am covered way beyond average.

whats your coverage?

i'm with triple a and i pay $1,375 a year for this coverage
$1,000,000 property damage
$1,000,000 in liability
$1,000,000 in medical
Collision coverage i have 2 options, check for value of vehicle or pay $1,000 deductible for new car replacement
unlimited glass coverage - no charge
$500 deductible

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Lol at you guys. 2000 cherokee with liability only costs less than 100 bux less for 6 months than my 07 rabbit full coverage and max liability.