GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wagoner out, yet bank CEOs still in

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
am i the only one that finds this amusing?

discuss.

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Car(s)
08 bmp gti
Its just stupid. Now the government will control GM, even though they say they wont. Im a little concerned. Just look at what the market did today when the Chyrsler plan was rejected. More bad is to come sadly

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
well i look at it as the government now has a large share in these companies and doesn't wish to see tax dollars wasted. my primary concern is that we give the boot to GM's CEO when we have these banks that have cost us much more and have made many mistakes as well (a standout example being AIG)

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Car(s)
08 bmp gti
I totally agree, but like you said, these Bank CEO's are still going strong, handing out bonuses like its nothing. I could give my two cents sense about the bailout and where the money is going, but that would take way way too long haha. I just wish it wouldnt have been rushed like it was cause things like the AIG bonuses occured and believe me you, more things like that will come up (maybe not that extreme, but it will be close).

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
more fail-out for the US! unfortunately it doesnt matter that hes out since they will eventually go bankrupt anyway. i remember the good ol days when companies that deserved to go under, did it on their dime, not mine. buisness and government, you gotta keep em separated.

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Car(s)
08 bmp gti
clutch fool said:
more fail-out for the US! unfortunately it doesnt matter that hes out since they will eventually go bankrupt anyway. i remember the good ol days when companies that deserved to go under, did it on their dime, not mine. buisness and government, you gotta keep em separated.
Bingo! Couldnt have said it better. If a company is going to fail, why spend the tax payers money to "attempt" to save it. I have nor has anyone in my household ever owned a GM car (dad had a 78 Z-28, but that doesnt really count). Couldnt they say, all these billions of dollars can be placed somewhere else where jobs can be made (energy, construction, environment) but instead its dropped into the laps of the same people that messed up.

Its funny cause I saw on the news today about Fiat and Chrysler merging and they said chrysler needs Fiat cause they are "yet to think about creating a true hybrid car" and thats what Fiat is doing best right now in Europe. A company in the US that isnt adapting to the times and trying to find a better fuel efficent car deserves to go under. Stupidity is running these huge companies

ldourlaingti

I fall down some times
Car(s)
08 bmp gti

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
these billions you speak of dont even really exist in the first place. its money we dont have, making the little we do have worth less and digging us deeper under until the point that we whore all or debt out to the entire world to own us, since thats what were doing anyway.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
these billions you speak of dont even really exist in the first place. its money we dont have, making the little we do have worth less and digging us deeper under until the point that we whore all or debt out to the entire world to own us, since thats what were doing anyway.

right on the money unfortunately

Frank Rizzo

Trailingthrottleoversteer
Worse than that - Wagoner is out, but the Union boss - Gettlefinger - is still in??? He's just as much to blame, if not more.

I'd never buy a car made by the "State". I had my turn at those type of vehicles in the service, and they were not that impressive...

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
it's a joke, all they wanted was a scapegoat for the public, not realizing they really want the banks to be punished

btw nice sig. i got another one

correct punctuation is the difference between "she had a crack, baby" and "she had a crack baby"