GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vw 2007 GTI to 2010 GTI

Bikkemberg

Ready to race!
I have a 2007 2dr UG DSG with 20000km, I have two years left on my finance and would like to maybe in the future trade my car in for a 4dr Carbon grey 2010-2011 GTI MAN, what would the procedure be to do this? Also how will the dealer evaluate my car.

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
Duh .:R32 Hello?

Aphron

CW :)!
Why can no one ever give a good answer within the first 4 reply's of ANYTHING. It is always some stupid picture (As seen above) or a dumbass comment. This place is turning into vwvortex....:frown: On a side note, I'm really not sure about the car situation. I would just wait until your finances are ready, and don't jump the gun. Prolly not going to get what you would want from the dealer, but I have yet to trade in a car so I'm not really sure how they would rate your car. Its fun to have the newest and greatest thing, but our cars are still fun! I have a 2007 too and don't you just enjoy driving it :).

gottiR32

Banned
Car(s)
Duh .:R32 Hello?
Why can no one ever give a good answer within the first 4 reply's of ANYTHING. It is always some stupid picture (As seen above) or a dumbass comment. This place is turning into vwvortex....:frown: On a side note, I'm really not sure about the car situation. I would just wait until your finances are ready, and don't jump the gun. Prolly not going to get what you would want from the dealer, but I have yet to trade in a car so I'm not really sure how they would rate your car. Its fun to have the newest and greatest thing, but our cars are still fun! I have a 2007 too and don't you just enjoy driving it :).

Hey look, he bought a 07 and he's making a thread to learn how to buy 2010, come on...

utekineir

Banned
The guy asked how does he trade his car in.....

In summary a trade usually involves the customer bending over, pulling down their pants, signing the dotted line, and committing to more debt.

Bikkemberg

Ready to race!
First off I love my car.Second of all, for the people that left positive feedback thankyou. For the people wow are not VW REPS offering stpuid comments, Who the fuck asked you to write a comment in this thread! I was expecting an answer from someone from a VW dealer to give me some information about this, maybe even a possible sale pitch... Before submitting a post because you have nothing better to say, Read and think if the information your writing helps the Original Post.

plac

GTI Master
People are replying like this because it is a terrible idea. The cars are like 80% the same. You would get into a fresh 5 years of debt for something barely noticably better. The TSI engine is the main reason to switch. Now if you really like the look of the new one, then you might want to sink into 5 more years of debt. Personally, I would be super stoked if I only had 2 more years of payments left. they will rape you hard on the trade in like they always do. You will lose.

The actual honest opinion if you know youre gonna do it anyway.. remove ALL your mods, sell them here to make beacoup money. Sell the car privately, never trade it in. You will get at least $2k more selling it private. $2k is a hell of a lot of $ these days.

Last edited:

Bikkemberg

Ready to race!
thats what I want to know how much my car will be worth to them and would they give me a deal. It would be great to have no payments. There are quite a few crucial improvements to the TSI platform that interest me more than the FSI(great engine).

plac

GTI Master
thats what I want to know how much my car will be worth to them and would they give me a deal. It would be great to have no payments. There are quite a few crucial improvements to the TSI platform that interest me more than the FSI(great engine).

oh i forgot about that TSI/FSI point.. You are correct, you have a better case then. The TSI has many many improvements. I was thinking along my 2009 lines since I have a TSI already. Honestly, still a bad idea, but if you do anything, make sure you sell privately. DO NOT trade it in with all those mods.

Back2VW

LOL WUT
People are replying like this because it is a terrible idea. The cars are like 95% the same. You would get into a fresh 5 years of debt for something barely noticably better. Now if you really like the look of the new one, then you might want to sink into 5 more years of debt. Personally, I would be super stoked if I only had 2 more years of payments left. they will rape you hard on the trade in like they always do. You will lose.

The actual honest opinion if you know youre gonna do it anyway.. remove ALL your mods, sell them here to make beacoup money. Sell the car privately, never trade it in. You will get at least $2k more selling it private. $2k is a hell of a lot of $ these days.

95% the same? :rolleyes:

I agree with everything else.

I dont see how the change is worth the $12k (USD) difference between a used 2007 to new 2010.

utekineir

Banned
First off I love my car.Second of all, for the people that left positive feedback thankyou. For the people wow are not VW REPS offering stpuid comments, Who the fuck asked you to write a comment in this thread! I was expecting an answer from someone from a VW dealer to give me some information about this, maybe even a possible sale pitch... Before submitting a post because you have nothing better to say, Read and think if the information your writing helps the Original Post.

Bikkemberg said:
I have a 2007 2dr UG DSG with 20000km, I have two years left on my finance and would like to maybe in the future trade my car in for a 4dr Carbon grey 2010-2011 GTI MAN, what would the procedure be to do this? Also how will the dealer evaluate my car.

1) Take the attitude and stick it up your whorish pirate ass.
-a) The op never requested information from dealers only.
-b) Open forum.
-c) If you don't like dipshit responses don't phrase your posts like a dipshit.

2) Trading in a car, especially one with mods, and even more so trading for only a marginal improvement is bending over to get raped by the dealer, lubrication of course will be at the dealers discretion.
-a) Yes the fsi is a bit high maintnance, but its largest issues are
--1) cam follower which is easy to monitor and relatively cheap to replace, if you figure replacing 10 over the life of the car thats only $500, you probably won't have to replace 10, and $500 is far cheaper than the increased debt incurred in a trade.
--2) Valve deposits- A catch can can help, so can italian tuneups, there are also vent to atmosphere solutions that can eliminate the issue entirely. I'd suggest reading the 2.0t fsi tech section on the vortex. Lots of good stuff in there. Valve deposits can also be cleaned, costing you mainly time wether the time is yours or labor fees. Material expense to clean the valves is minimal.
-b) This is a big one, and a recent development. I see you have a dsg, perhaps you noticed that yesterday vw issued a "fix" you now may have a 10 year / 100k mile transmission warranty. Also if you are affected you will be being sent a letter at some point to schedule an appointment to "fix" your dsg, a loaner will be provided. Which at worst equals a free dsg fluid change.

In summary, you have a whorish mouth.

Also, there isn't much of a reason to trade an mark 5 for a mark 5.334. Unless you just really want the new car. Sure the fsi isn't a change the oil and ignore it engine, but with a bit of maintnance here and there it's still pretty damn nice, and you may have just got a 100k transmission warranty for free, thats even better than the 2010 will have.