GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vs. 06 Acura RSX Type-S, DC-2 Integra

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
i've beaten them worse b4, but this time i shoulda started in 2nd like he did. i'm sure i woulda taken him. pretty sure he didn't have Kpro.

Aren't you close to like 5500rpm at that speed in 2nd? Probably better to start there in 3rd. You've got torque and shifting is more time wasted.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Aren't you close to like 5500rpm at that speed in 2nd? Probably better to start there in 3rd. You've got torque and shifting is more time wasted.

i was in 3rd and he was in6th. maybe we were going slower than 50. possibly 35. i just remember his second gear was even w/ me when i was at abour 4000 rpms and thats when he shifted 2 3rd.

JonTewks

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
im sure u would have.. stock for stock its a close race.. sad thing is.. we need a turbo on our motor to beat one.. they dont need one to beat us. I would have gotten a type s if they continued to make them..dumb move on acuras part... very dumb.

We don't need a turbo, we chose to make more power by using one. I'm sure VW could have figured out some way to make 200hp out of the 2.0 without a turbo, but then it would have barely over 100 ft-lbs of torque just like all the hondas do. And since our cars are heavier, that would have been a bad move.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
We don't need a turbo, we chose to make more power by using one. I'm sure VW could have figured out some way to make 200hp out of the 2.0 without a turbo, but then it would have barely over 100 ft-lbs of torque just like all the hondas do. And since our cars are heavier, that would have been a bad move.

I think that flies in the face of what they want. Torque > horsepower.