GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Votex Kit Arrives

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
A while back I had ordered a new Tornado Red OEM Votex kit from bud@checkeredflagvw over on the vortex. It arrived today. It took a little longer than expected, but that's OK. I'm glad it's here.

Pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/colleton.m1/Votex#

As you can see it was packed very nicely.

I've only opened the rear bumper box at this point, just to see what it looks like. The kit comes with instructions, and they seem pretty straight forward. I plan on installing the kit this weekend. The wait is going to kill me, but I won't have time to do it until then.

I'll post more pics when I get everything unpacked and installed.

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. Our cars look so good with it.

97C280

Stage 2
I'd like to know the instructions too. Does it include the removal instructions.

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
The instructions for the rear bumper (only ones I've looked at so far) are very simple. "Remove standard screws in these locations. Remove valence. Install new valence. Re-install screws. Done."

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
The price was $1,725 painted and shipped. I thought it was a decent price.

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
OK, the front and rear valences are installed. It took me about 3 hours of work, going slowly to make sure I got it right. It was a very straight-forward process. Just don't forget the little foam block they send along with the rear bumper - you need it to stiffen the upper bumper cover so that the new valence can lock into the upper bumper cover properly. I was pulling my hair out until I saw I'd missed that step.

It looks kinda funky from the side with the old side skirts still installed, but it looks damned sexy from the front and rear. :happyanim:

I'll get the side skirts installed this weekend and will post some pics when the job is complete.

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
a little tip with the stock side skirts:

Start at the triangle section and get the majority of the adhesive off starting at that point. Theres a chunk of adhesive towards the middle of the triangle. Get that entire piece free, and then work your way forward.

The triangle piece takes about 5 min to get loose, the rest should be off in about 30 seconds.

To install the new sideskirts, use 3m automotoive weather stripping. It comes in a black tube and is flourenscent yellow. Sets quick, make sure you have a friend help.

good luck!

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Any tips on a good method for removing the old adhesive?

I have to admit, the installation instructions for the side skirts are fairly daunting. I'm considering taking them to the dealership for installation.