GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VMR | Wheels - Introducing the New Flow Forged Series, VMR V810

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
What exactly is flow forged
Bump. I'm curious about the difference between these and your regular wheels myself.

This specialized process begins with a low pressure cast and uses a flow-forming equipment that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the barrel and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel without the price attached to a fully forged wheel.

Put simply, our flow form only weighs a feather more than a fully forged wheel (much lighter than a standard gravity/low pressure cast), is a faction of the cost, and has a equal load rating :biggrin:

True. :)

Price-wise, are they more or less expensive than the V710s?

The V710's are a bit more affordable than these V810 Flow Forms, however, the value you get from flow-forms is not considered expensive at all. Much lighter, just as strong, and you're only paying a bit more!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I ordered 18" version of the 810 and they will drop ~8lbs each compared to my OEM Karths.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Well, thanks for the explanation, and the endorsement. I'd already been thinking of picking up a set of the V710s when I needed new tires. Now I'll have to decide between them and the V810s!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That's exactly where I was. Mu Pilot Super Sports are just about shot so if I'm going to deal with mounting/balancing anyway I might as well think about new wheels. I'm keeping my Karths because I really like them and will probably get them refinished.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Well, thanks for the explanation, and the endorsement. I'd already been thinking of picking up a set of the V710s when I needed new tires. Now I'll have to decide between them and the V810s!

:thumbsup:

I ordered 18" version of the 810 and they will drop ~8lbs each compared to my OEM Karths.

That's exactly where I was. Mu Pilot Super Sports are just about shot so if I'm going to deal with mounting/balancing anyway I might as well think about new wheels. I'm keeping my Karths because I really like them and will probably get them refinished.

Yup, huge difference in weight! Get ready for an improvement in braking, acceleration, traction and MPG!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Still early Jan ETA?

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Patiently awaiting my wheel/tire package to ship. Are they in yet?

Nataraki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'92 BMW 318i
any version of the V710 or any other regular VMR wheels on this new technique? if not, will it be on the pipeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.