GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ViRtUaLheretic's Audio Build

plac

GTI Master
if you read the long long saga during my MK5 install regarding the door handle reinstall.. let me know if you had any issues.. i think it was a rear handle i couldnt get back on properly. cuz a clip spring would pop off right as you tried to install the outer skin.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I remember that nightmare when I lined the outer door skins with soudn deadening last year.
As a matter of fact, my driver's side door handle has never been the same since then, it protrudes out 10mm, but I dont wnat to dig in to mess with it to fix it. LoL

I was able to route the wires without having to remove the door handle. I opened up the door just enough to snake my hand in the door and run the wires. :thumbsup:

update:
I installed the xover, woofer, and tweeter last night. I havent reattached the inner door skin yet as it was 30 degrees out last night and was 11pm by the time I had gotten to that point (forgot to mention I am doing all of this work in the street in front of my house as we only have a detached 1 car garage, and my roommates use that as is THEIR house).

The sounds from the new speakers are crystal clear, it sounds great! The only problem is that the driver's side speakers are bring the SQ down.
I need to retune my stereo to take advantage of the additional clarity or maybe I will just keep turning the volume up louder untill the driver's side speakers blow up :biggrin:

Sometime soon I will start on the driver's side, now that I know exactly what to do :)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Pictures will be up in the next day or two or three.
I finished the install on the passenger side and she sounds AMAZIN.
When I crank it up to a real high volume you can definitely hear the difference between the stock and new speakers.
All of the extra sound deadeneing probably doesnt hurt either.
Overall Im really glad I did this and the results turned out great.
i cant wait to get the whole car sounding like this, its going to be freakin sick!

ClassicRbt

Ready to race!
awesome progress!

The enjoyment I get from my car with the new speakers is unreal. I think you will be really happy with the results.

I just went on a 30 minute drive and my ears ring in joy. lol

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
If I get time pictures will be up tonight or tomorrow.
Looks like I am going to start ripping apart the driver's side this week as i have some time to work on everything this weekend in a garage at a friend's house.
Everything is still sounding great in the car, I just cant wait to match the driver's side speakers to the passenger's and begin to retune the setup.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
So I started to retune the stereo to take advantage of the new speakers.
While I was tuning using a new CD iburned this morning I eventually hit a sweet spot that sounded AWESOME, literally everything just "clicked". Seriously, everything sounded so good (minus the fact that I still have the driver's side stock speakers still in) that the hair on the back of my neck stood up. That was easier than I thought it would be haha.
The new KoRn album featuring Skrillex sounds fucking sweet on this little system I am rocking. :thumbsup:

Im going to start ripping out the driver's side interior tonight.

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
do work son!

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
its a shame I didn't have the install done in time for the KC trip, the car sounds really good man.
Its sooooooo nice to finally hear the results, what a relief.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
oh hai

Last edited:

ClassicRbt

Ready to race!
I took off the rear panel on a 2 door recently. Putting it on was such a pain even with brand new clips. The top side was a pain to align.

big kudos to tackling both sides and sound deadening them. My 4 door is no where near as hard.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Eventually I am going to run all new wires to the rear speakers (currently they reuse stock speaker wires), so I am the lucky enough to rip those interior parts out a 2nd time
yayyyyyyyyyyy

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
epic bump

got a new headunit Im installing this weekend, along with all the needed PAC modules to enable steering wheel controls and bluetooth

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Everythign installed just fine and the steering wheel controlls work like a charm.
The only thing I forgot was to buy a FM antenna adapter which will arrive tomorrow.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Good stuff. If it wasn't my daily I probably would have gone further than the two way focal system and punch dvc 10. Still need a stealth box.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I said the same thing, I just wanted to add a little bass to the stereo... lol!