GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VIR Season Finale HPDE - December 9th and 10th

Redslaya

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I am hosting the final event of the season at Virginia International Raceway with my club, Tidewater Sports Car Club, on December 9th and 10th. Full course both Saturday and Sunday with 4 20-25 minute sessions each day. Instructed students are one-on-one with their instructor!

placeholder_small.jpg

I know there have historically been a ton of Mk7s there, here is a photo from last year, and we would love to see even more of you!
1695264668725.jpeg

All the event details are here: http://msreg.com/TSCCDec2023

If you're going let us know below, ill try to keep an up to date roster of who is attending.

1. Redslaya
  2. @DerHase
  3. @tigeo
  4. @ironicbadger
  5. @Treadup
And at least 5 others who's forum usernames i do not know or are not on the forum.

Last edited:

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
5. @Treadup

Possibly @Mini7 ?

And @reverend_sean i believe was considering making the trek as well.

@19birel ?

For anyone looking to make it their first track day, here's some info on what to expect:
https://www.datadrivenmqb.com/driver/newtohpde

And even if you're not sure about driving, feel free to come on out and we can toss you in an instructor's car to take some laps around VIR so you can regret not signing up. 🤣

1695265667136.png

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
@Mini7 is a strong possibility. I’ve reserved a garage and it room.

Need to figure whether I will run R-comps or street tires. My all season street tires are running out of tread on the rears.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
So what's the typical temp and weather expected for that area at this time of year?

@Redslaya I sent an email to the track (track@thscc.com) last week via email and asked a few questions but no one got back to me yet. I am still trying to make this event happen, and I am trying to get a friend (who has never driven on track) to come drive my car too. I wanted to make sure car sharing across different run groups is okay with THSCC, and I also wanted advice on which run group they'd want me in. I have ~30 days on track, I run advanced with both my local Porsche club and with an HPDE group called Autointerests, but I have never driven VIR. Thinking upper intermediate...but not sure if I should go lower because of the unfamiliarity with VIR. Thoughts?

Redslaya

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So what's the typical temp and weather expected for that area at this time of year?

@Redslaya I sent an email to the track (track@thscc.com) last week via email and asked a few questions but no one got back to me yet. I am still trying to make this event happen, and I am trying to get a friend (who has never driven on track) to come drive my car too. I wanted to make sure car sharing across different run groups is okay with THSCC, and I also wanted advice on which run group they'd want me in. I have ~30 days on track, I run advanced with both my local Porsche club and with an HPDE group called Autointerests, but I have never driven VIR. Thinking upper intermediate...but not sure if I should go lower because of the unfamiliarity with VIR. Thoughts?
I'm going to guess the reason no one got back to you is because that's the wrong club! try trackevents@tidewatersportscarclub.com, i think you'll find greater success ;)

Historically weather has been in the mid to upper 50s and clear. We are happy to let drivers share a car across run groups, that is what myself and my wife do with our R. Based on your past experience I would register in upper intermediate and see how that goes. We are always happy to move you around as needed day-of.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
@swcrow any interest?
thanks for pinging me...I'll check home calendar today to see if I'm clear

as a newb.....no helmet, sooooooo there is that

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

The club has a limited number of loaner helmets available, and I also happen to have a nearly new Simpson Bandit (large) you're welcome to borrow for the event. I upgraded to something with comms for endurance racing and it's just an extra now.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I assume as a newb, I'd need to schedule to have an instructor drive with me....need to check the site to see how I'd do that

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

tigeo

Autocross Champion

I have an extra medium open face helmet you can borrow. You basically need a set of brake pads and fluid appropriate for the track is all.

I'm a terrible youtuber so turn on the CC to catch comments I made correcting a few mistakes and the track insurance isn't $100 a day...it's per event regardless so a single day is same price a 2-day. Other than that should be good.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's part of the event. You'll have an instructor assigned if you sign up in the novice group regardless. 👍

https://tidewatersportscarclub.com/track-events/

And then the actual event info is also covered on the sign up page:
http://msreg.com/TSCCDec2023

cool...thanks!

I have an extra medium open face helmet you can borrow. Some info here. You basically need a set of brake pads and fluid appropriate for the track is all.

Thanks Adam.....really appreciate it! I'll look at my calendar. I have girodisc magic pads and 600 fluid already

tigeo

Autocross Champion