GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Valvetrain like clatter noise - P2015 Intake Mani problem?

R1600Turbo

Ready to race!
As said in another thread, my car threw the P2015 code a week ago while on a road trip which is for the intake manifold issue on the TSi engine. My car already had it replaced at 35k, and now at 75k it's getting replaced again. I have an appointment on Monday and it will be covered under the extended warranty.

My question is about a noise I am hearing during acceleration recently. Between 1500-2700rpm I get a clatter sound which, if I didn't know any better, sounds like it's coming from the valvetrain. What I hope is that the issue with the intake manifold is creating this noise. Has anyone had any experience with the intake manifold problem creating noise?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Since you said your manifold is screwed up, its possible it could be the butterfly valve in your manifold.

R1600Turbo

Ready to race!
It was, confirmed by the dealership when they replaced it. I didn't get a chance to find out if it had gone away afterwords because I literally drove the car to the dealership next door and promptly traded it in.

alfmoonspace

Ready to race!
It was, confirmed by the dealership when they replaced it. I didn't get a chance to find out if it had gone away afterwords because I literally drove the car to the dealership next door and promptly traded it in.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get want you wanted out of it?