GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

.:Utah VW's | Part 2:.

I'm kind of a bass head myself. Thus the name.

I have since grown up and focused on quality. Overall the stock components in the MK5 are not bad excepting that there is not enough bass. I had to get rid of my old box because it took up the entire rear end of my GTI so I am down to a single 12 in a folded horn box.

I want to get a better head unit but I am poor until I graduate next year. I hate my install kit though and I thought you had a nice looking one if I remember right. At the least you sound pretty confident in working on your audio system.

I like a ruler flat response down to about 30hz, but i realize I'm not going to get that in a car.

All of the trim kits look like shit out of the box. But you can fix that.

You'll want to hit the auto body & paint store and pick up some gap filler, some 1000 grit wet/dry paper, and plastic primer if they've got it. if they don't, you can get valspar plastic primer at lowes. You'll need some coarse sandpaper too.

Then stop by the nearest John Deere dealership and get a spray can of Blitz Black paint.

Use the gap filler to fill in the gaps between the pieces of the trim (most of 'em come as a 2-piece), then sand it down with the coarse paper. When you've got the shape you want, spray it with the plastic primer, then do a couple-three coats of blitz black. shake the hell out of that can - it's a high solids paint. If it comes out glossy you didn't shake it enough. When you've got a few coats of blitz black on, wet sand with the 1000 grit.

I ended up wet sanding three or four times and adding more coats of blitz black but i did a crappy job sanding. and i used jb-weld instead of gap filler.

after wet sanding, the blitz black looks exactly like the dash plastic. its uncanny. and tough as nails. john deere had valspar develop it as a chip-resistant paint for trailing arms and shit on tractors. It just happens to be a really nice 'suede' black as well.

Testing the work of immigrant coders who clearly don't care and don't check their work before checking it in.

Just like every day.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

Big_Woofer

Master of One
Car(s)
'08 GTI
I suppose, while boring, I can contribute what I am up to as well.

I am working on a lab report for school. Generally though I keep thinking about what I want to buy for my car next and I cannot wait until I get more money. I also need to find time to put in my dog bone mount insert.

Sone douchebro in a subaru wagon gave me a JDM driveby on the freeway last night for a whole 2 car lengths advantage. He made sure that his blow-off valve whistled as he passed me.

What a wanker.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

the best part was that it was actually a high pitched whistle rather than just a pshhh.

guys who add noisemakers to their cars that have no positive impact on performance are such maroons.

Like that thread where people were discussing how much they hate BOV flutter, and ended up with some highfalutin part that, it turns out, still flutters.

And the vendor explained that they think the ECU has a problem with the extreme boost holding ability of their BOV.

It has one job and that job is to vent boost!

Oh how i laughed.

Last edited: