GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ugh..Stupid engine cover>me %#*&@

snowracer21

Has anyone else in the MK5 community really hate putting on and taking off the engine cover on their Gti?
I find it so dumb of a design. I ended up breaking two of the mounts in the front. The bolts just broke right off. So the only thign that holds my engine cover on is where the cover connects to the pipe leading to the turbo,one mount closest to the firewall and the air intake tube.
Another problem I have since this has happened is that the tube that leads from the grill to the air intake in the cover, it always pops off. The last time It poped off the hose clamp fell inbetween the shift linkage/wight. And 1st,3rd and 5th gear were not working. It took me a good 30 minutes to get the #&@*#& thing out of there!

Has anyone about had it with there engine cover? Im saving up $$ for a used EVOMS intake, which is kinda dumb becuase I plan on going with a big turbo set up next summer anyways.

SoCalComatose

Booyahkasha Respekt!
Car(s)
2004 R32
Hmmm. I've taken mine off several times and never had any of those issues. It takes a little tugging but it isn't that bad. :iono:

plac

GTI Master
after ive taken it on and off at least 20 times, its flawless, 5 second removal. yet not too loose to cause any problems.

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
I've got 2 of the bolts/ball joints that the cover mounts onto somewhere. I had to buy 4 as that is the quantity they come in.
LMK, I'll sell 'em to you for $24 shipped if you want. I paid like $40 with tax for the set.

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
Never had that problem, but mine does have a nice blood stain from when I cut myself on it. Also a crack on the top left side, don't know how or when that happend. Battle scar FTW

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've had no real trouble, although the attachment for the after-filter-pipe is different (and more stupid) on my car than from any other GTI I've seen. Instead of a clip thing I've got these three staple things and a plastic attachment that isn't secure at all.

Early models ftw, or something I guess.