GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turning to the dark side...

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
I've had my GTI for a little over a year now and have really enjoyed driving it. Such a great car. APR stage 1 bumped the fun factor up another notch, and made me want even more.

I've thought hard about dumping money into an APR K04 kit, but decided it was just too much for what I'd get in return. Not to mention the warranty headaches involved, can't hide something like that.

So I've been looking around...

I test drove a 2009 Shelby Cobra GT500 today, and I think I'm going to sign the paperwork tomorrow. It's loaded with all of the options - sat radio, nav, premium audio, premium interior, HID head lights, etc... Dealer made me an offer below invoice, and I don't think I can pass it up. The car was unbelievable - 500 HP, V8 sound, supercharger whine, squealing tires. FAST. Had it all afternoon, and still have a giant smile on my face.

If I buy it, my wife will get the GTI. I know she'll enjoy it. She's German, and she has a lead foot. She'll be tearing up the roads in it. :smile:

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
Hey man, I understand. The Shelby GT500 is pimp. I was driving around PCB in your neck of the woods, and I saw two girls who were probably 18 tops, in a GT500 and I told my gf WTF?

It is a sweet car. Enjoy man...post up pics.

I hope to get my 370Z eventually...

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Wow, that is an impressive car man.What is the asking price, if you dont mind me asking? :-D.

Very cool car. I imagine you are ready for some serious gas expenses, lol. I'd be scared to get a car like that with my heavy foot.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
pretty sick car but all I can say is you have to occasionally visit the drag strip with it... also keep it the hell away from anything with corners. I've heard those things are pretty sloppy in the twisties but honestly does it really matter when you can take it to the strip and own just about anyone

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
Well, I did it. Price was under invoice and the gave me a great trade in on my 2002 Lariat (it pays to keep your vehicles maintained I guess), so in the end the offer was too good to walk away from. Yay for end of year model closeouts. :)

It has power for days, power everywhere. Lots of fun to drive.:happyanim:

Crappy iPhone pic, ~ 20 minutes after driving it off the lot:

Bigger pic: http://getthefrakout.net/gt500/1.jpg

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
better rims and lower it NOW. Needs tint and clear smoked markers. murder that bitch out

IamGod

Banned
Car(s)
Best car ever
Buy a 2003-2004 Cobra, theyre faster, sexier, awesomer and God approves.

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
John/Cue\Publik: It'll be tinted ASAP, and I am thinking about putting louvers on the side rear windows, but otherwise I think it will stay stock.

BurntGauge: That's just the 2010's.

Silver-Bolt

Ready to race!
Throw on a Whipple and tune and you are looking at close to 700whp. Do yourself a favor and if you decide to do modds only do mods that can be reversed. Keep all of your stock parts. Any future collector value will be for a stock car.