GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI Owners...any issues yet ?

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
2008.5 6MT 45k Miles. Stage 1 for 25K miles. Oil Changes every 6K miles, no problems with the clutch. The only thing worth mentioning is the damn subframe clunking. Easy fix by the dealer during next oil change though.

Also, i've been averaging 26 mpg in between oil changes.

pman15

Ready to race!
I got an 09 tsi and the only problem I had was a pretty big one. At 4000 miles had an ecu failure. I was out of a car for 3 weeks. But that is just one of those rare random things that happen with new cars. Other than that got 10k now with some minor mods and no problems at all.

mangoango

Ready to race!
I had the DSG flash of death at about 4,000 miles(?). Nothing else besides that and I'm at almost 14,000 miles now.

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
So, I basically shot myself in the leg by starting this post.

Went out to meet some friends and about 4 miles from the house I get my first CEL.

Will VAG-COM it tomorrow at a friends. Anyone want to take a guess ?

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
With a build date of 10/08 is it likely that my car has the G diverter valve ?

If I take it to the dealer will they replace it with the D valve or would I be better off doing it on my own ?

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
With a build date of 10/08 is it likely that my car has the G diverter valve ?

If I take it to the dealer will they replace it with the D valve or would I be better off doing it on my own ?
No MKV GTI has ever come from the factory with the D valve, and I don't even think MKVI's get it. The ETKA will show the G valve, so that's what they'll replace it with. The D valve only comes in the EOS I think?

FWIW, I'm at 18k in my 2009. Stg I APR since 1k; Carbonio around 5k; AWE dp around 10k; 0w-30 German Castrol every 5k; no problems.

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
I've got the intake manifold flapper code. Checked it via VAG COM and left the code for when I go into the dealer.

I hope they just replace the manifold instead of trying to reset the sensor.

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
09 2-door with 21k, first time to the dealer they had to replace the passenger seat sliders because the seat got stuck and wouldn't go anywhere. Subframe clunking noise which the dealer only adjusts the subframe bolts (they are going to keep streching until they snap) I have to replace them with passat/audi bolts and the shims. Oh, and it happened twice this week, the ABS, BRAKE and Traction Control lights went crazy, fisrt when I had to slam the brakes because an asshole thought he could make a U turn where he's no supposed to, and the second time I just went through and uneven road (nothing bad) and after three beps everything lighted up, I still have to go to the dealer for that, maybe an ABS sensor? who knows LOL

stepx88

Go Kart Champion
23k i needed a new intake manifold...replaced with warranty. Also for the people who had bad turbo and transmission can that be covered by warranty?

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
GTI: 37500 miles on my '09 (Bought Nov. '08) Stage 2 most of its life.

-Stock Clutch slipping horribly and replaced with a SB Stage 3, chatters a lot.
-Issues with shift linkage, lost all gears but 3rd and 4th. (Wouldn't warranty)
-Subframe bolts clunk because I'm lowered on H&R SuperSports.

Overall I am happy with my car and it has never left me stranded anywhere *knock on wood*. Should be replacing it early next year with a 2011 STi Sedan, but she'll be missed.

HemiAlex

Ready to race!
:-/

Saturday,18,September,2010,14:09:53:61923
VCDS Version: Release 10.6.1 (x64)

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06J-906-026-CCT.clb
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 115 AE HW: 1K0 907 115 AA
Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0030
Software Coding: 0403010A18070160
Work Shop Code: WSC 01357 011 00200
VCID: 69F7743D390B
1 Fault Found: