GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tough suspension question evidently.

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
ok so i posted this up in a thread but no one could answer.

http://www.theperformancedriver.com/cart/product.php?productid=779&cat=0&page=1

this site shows neuspeed "Race springs" i'm guessing this means that they have harder spring rates. there's nothing wrong with that. however, on that page toward the top it says 1.8 and 2.0 drop, and then in notes it says 1.2 and 1.5, which if i'm not mistaken are the "sport springs" numbers. i thought they may have been showing the sport springs and calling them race springs, but then i notices the sport spriongs elsewhere on the site.

my question. does anyone know the spring rates for stock/sport/race springs... and is the drop really 1.2 & 1.5 for the race? or is is it actually 1.8 & 2.0 (which i'm assuming is correct.)

Last edited:

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Well I don't know specifically on a Mk5 setup but my brother has a set of Neuspeed race springs on his A4 and the drop is well obver 2 inches. He went from a 3-4" wheel gap to tucking rubber. The ride is great, but the car is DUMPED now. Hope that helps a little

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
that basically answers the question of whether neuspeed actually makes a race spring as well as sport spring. so yeah that catually helped a lot... i'm kinda going for slammed so it's all good :thumbup:

now

can anyone confirm?

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
ok so i posted this up in a thread but no one could answer.

http://www.theperformancedriver.com/...9&cat=0&page=1

this site shows neuspeed "Race springs" i'm guessing this means that they have harder spring rates. there's nothing wrong with that. however, on that page toward the top it says 1.8 and 2.0 drop, and then in notes it says 1.2 and 1.5, which if i'm not mistaken are the "sport springs" numbers. i thought they may have been showing the sport springs and calling them race springs, but then i notices the sport spriongs elsewhere on the site.

my question. does anyone know the spring rates for stock/sport/race springs... and is the drop really 1.2 & 1.5 for the race? or is is it actually 1.8 & 2.0 (which i'm assuming is correct.)
I have the sports, and they seem to be 1.5 inches, so that number is correct. As far as race springs go im not too sure, i havnt heard of them honestly.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
that basically answers the question of whether neuspeed actually makes a race spring as well as sport spring. so yeah that catually helped a lot... i'm kinda going for slammed so it's all good :thumbup:

now

can anyone confirm?

Yeah my bro' orginally ordered sports but got race instead. Just said eff it and put them on as he was jonesing to get them done. In the end I think the car looks great and if the Mk5 springs have as much an effect it will all be good.

Here's his car pre-install:

And these are some recent post-install pictures:

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
definately thanks for the pics, yeah that looks to be exactly what i was looking for. i can't wait. i'm gonna head up to fixxfest and if i don't get a sick deal on springs then i'm buying those. thanks guys.

anyone have these on their MK5?

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I have Neuspeed sports goin on on Tuesday if you can wait that long...

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
lol i was referring to the neuspeed race springs. seen many pictures of the sport springs but i'm a former japanese car driver, the sports are just not low enough for me. however i've read nothing on this forum about neuspeed race springs. just wanted to see if they ectually exhisted and which one of the "drop specifications" out of the two that were specified on the site were actually accurate.

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
woah link fixed in first post and reposted here.

http://www.theperformancedriver.com/cart/product.php?productid=779&cat=0&page=1

just to put it in perspective... here's the previous page that has both neuspeed sport, and neuspeed race on it, there's a $4 diff in price so i'm guessing it's a different product. and i used 2006 2.0T GTi as search criteria and this is what i got.

http://www.theperformancedriver.com...agen&model=GTi+2.0T&Year=2006&type=Suspension

does ANYONE have these on an MK5 GTi? or has anyone ever seen them on our car? i did a couple searches and still nothing.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
well H&R make neuspeed's springs, so they are the same as H&R's race springs.

TPDracing

Go Kart Champion
ah that i didn't know.

i was just reading your post. the info for the race springs is the info Neuspeed sent me. they have not been released as yet they said to give them a month or so. I will see if neuspeed have any pics they can send me of the race springs on their gti, if i get it i will post it.

Sickspeed06

Ready to race!
exactly what i was looking for... thanks everyone for the help! now as far as them being produced by H&R. does this mean they'll be the same as H&R race springs? if so i'll just put my order in for a set of those.