GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire rubbing front bumper...?

TooMuchPoke

Doing it wrong
Car(s)
'07 Jetta Wolfsburg
So I just put my new wheels on and got a good winter height dialed in, along with maxing out my rear camber to stop that rubbing. I pulled my fenders front amd rear as far as I could with a 2x4 and a phone book (which actually came out way better than I expected) and I did the fender screw mod a long time ago.

My only issue niw is that the outer edges of my front tires are catching the point where the edge of the fender and front bumper come together whenever I hit a bump or take a turn over 5mph. I'll take a picture of exactly where it's hitting tomorrow when it's not dark and raining.

This isn't something I've personally heard of happening before, but most people also aren't running the setup I currently have up front (or they're smart enough to buy camber plates first). My question is if any of you have experienced this issue and if so, how you've resolved it. My options right now seem like, F that screw and dremel it off, or hammer that ish outta the way. :help:

Wheel setup is 18x9.5 +22 all around with 215/40r18 NeoGens

https://i.imgur.com/7Q5Gh8o.jpg

Last edited:

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Honestly - what do you expect with 9.5 wide ET22 wheels?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

TooMuchPoke

Doing it wrong
Car(s)
'07 Jetta Wolfsburg
Lmao I know, it's a bit much for the front of a Mk5. I fully expect it to rub, especially when it gets lowered back down this spring, but I'd like to ease it a bit if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk