GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tin Roof-Rusted! (B52's)??? Hubs actually!

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
Anyone one else having rusting of their hubs---the mounting part of the brake disc? What can I paint then with? I assume almost any high temp paint as long as I don't get it on the brake rotor part would work? The finish is kinda textured/rough so I might be able to get away with brushing it. What about high temp primer? I assume they make some?
Suggestions? And replacing the rotors with anodized drilled/slotted ones are not in the budget.
:help:
Not my car btw, but this is the area I'm talking about:

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
maybe some rust-oleum or ne type of primer should work

since u have black wheel when your rotors rust over then u drive can u see the rust all over the wheel??? i can w/ my black hufs

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
My 06 GLI did it and now my R is doing it.....but I do live witht he beach about 400 yards away...but car is in the garage when at home.

Rust-Oleum come in heat paints? What do you think-black? or just a sliver/gray like they are now?

vdubya 6

cant spell or tipe!
i think its sposed to hold up to heat pretty well i dont kno how much heat transfer the is from the rotor to the "hub" so it mite work

mine have rust on them as well... granted it's two years old. it kinda annoys me, but haven't considered it a problem... yet *knocks on wood*

Mr. Perkins

Suck it Trebek
It's not supposed to be painted, or at least if it does get painted (like the guy's wife on her RX-8) it will probably not last too long.

Now where's the posts asking this guy to show more pics of his fiancee?? :biggrin:

GaBoYnFla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
It's not supposed to be painted, or at least if it does get painted (like the guy's wife on her RX-8) it will probably not last too long.

It's got paint or some coating on it from the factory, grayish material. And why won't paint stay on it? Not the friction part but the hub part? How high will high temperature paint go?