GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Timing pull...

613B6

Ready to race!
Please keep me updated, and if you can, email support@eurodyne.ca and let Chris know your having the same issue. He is looking into my issue as well.

And who's branden? Sorry new to this board.

molo

Ready to race!
Tmsracing37, he is one of the most experienced Maestro tuners out there.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Please keep me updated, and if you can, email support@eurodyne.ca and let Chris know your having the same issue. He is looking into my issue as well.

And who's branden? Sorry new to this board.
If like the other poster your ECU is going into protection mode chances are its more a hardware issue versus SW issue since it ran fine B4 IMO, but maybe the SW has a default mode if it was powered down and something changed I would go through SW and make sure things look correct for your setup. On the hardware side I would start by check your values blocks on your lowside and HPFP. If your values in your lowside pump are pegged when you do a pull or very high at idle its possible your HPFP took a dump. Start at logging lowside and HPF rail values (request versus actual) that gives a better picture what the SW asking for versus what its actually getting. Good luck. Bob G. :thumbsup:

613B6

Ready to race!
Thanks Bob, when I was diag' my TB issues I logged low and high pressures, even took the CF out and made sure all well. Low pressure is spot on based on the file and is rail pressure, both according to 230/1. I feel its more hardware as you said since it was running before, just havng a hard time diag what would be causing this.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Sorry this going to be a short answer, I am between connector flights to Texas

I have seen this several times, even my car and Matt's tunes at times. It just takes a little time of logging and editing to fix it.

61b6, send me a 5-10 min log of normal driving after you clear engine codes and do a TBA. But Yes, your tune could be too rich or too lean at certain load transitions, beyond several tables parameters, thus beyond ability of ECU to correct for it.( injection corection, and lamba tables are good place to sart) . If 02 correction valves are -/+ 15-20 at times, after several engine cycles , if ECU can not correct for those insistences of high 02 corrections, its starts going into a safe mode, one being that it pulls timing, beacuse it thinks somthing wrong and tring to keep the enigne safe. Also make sure injector constant is correct for the injector you are running. Molo's basefile, he sent was setup for stock injectors and he is running RS4's.

Also, Molo you should have file tonight(Been busy with last minute flights for work)

Last edited:

613B6

Ready to race!
Thanks very much for the post and PM's Branden, much appreciated. I will deffinitly get you those logs.

613B6

Ready to race!
ok, so you guy were right ECU is going into safe mode as the fuel trims are maxing out at -25 after a 5 min drive (not sure how I missed that). Soon as it happens it pulls the timing right away. Now Ive looked at a few users injection correction, full load lambda and power enrichment maps and they all look very similar if not identical, and I do have the right IC for the RS4s. So im not sure why mine is off so much, leaky injector possibly? TMS Im going to try a few things before bothering you will some logs, again thanks very much for the support. At least Im heading down some type of path now...

Romilos

Car(s)
S3
ok, so you guy were right ECU is going into safe mode as the fuel trims are maxing out at -25 after a 5 min drive (not sure how I missed that). Soon as it happens it pulls the timing right away. Now Ive looked at a few users injection correction, full load lambda and power enrichment maps and they all look very similar if not identical, and I do have the right IC for the RS4s. So im not sure why mine is off so much, leaky injector possibly? TMS Im going to try a few things before bothering you will some logs, again thanks very much for the support. At least Im heading down some type of path now...
Hello I'm new in the forum. My name is John. Was searching in the internet and came across at this topic. I am facing similar problem with timing pull. Is any final outcome on this issue, despite see is long time ago posted. Appreciate