GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE Water Methanol Injection Thread.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
You'll still get great benefits running WM, especially if you:

-)live in a warm climate
-)don't have a badass intercooler

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I live in bakersfield ca... Normal daytime temps are 100-110.
I like my IC, don't think it's best one ever, but think it'll work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I live in bakersfield ca... Normal daytime temps are 100-110.
I like my IC, don't think it's best one ever, but think it'll work lol

WM will do things for hot weather that even a great air to air cannot. Trust me, I live in Riverside about same climate as Bakersfield. I have done this with 3 cars and even a great air to air only has ambient temp air to work with. With water meth you get high octane fueling and cooling from water that even a great air to air cannot match when you get air temps that are 100F+.

Running WM will allow you to get the full potential out of your current tune even in very hot weather. Your current tune is probably for pump gas. Running WM will also allow you to run a more aggressive tune than the one you have now and drag even more power out of your current setup.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Yup, I just read through this thread, but I need to do some logs first. I messed with it today, but I've never done logs before...
But I scanned the system and no faults! I was pretty excited to see that.. I'm kind of a negative nancy, I'm always thinking something's wrong. Or about to go wrong. But gonna email DM and see what logs they need...

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Like others I have read just about every page :mad0259: but I've learned a lot!

I live in Phoenix, AZ with a similar climate to GIACuser and am seriously contemplating pulling the trigger on the water/meth injection. I just installed my IE HPFP and got my tune upgraded to APR 2+ with 91, 93 & 100 octane programs. I'm driving the 93 now and am loving the extra power...but it's addicting. Water/meth injection is about the last "bolt on" performance I can get without spending more money on a new tune.

Snow or Devils Own? Stage 1 or stage 2? USRT TB plate or INA/AKS? Single or dual port?

Subscribed! :thumbup:

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
What are your goals with w/m, boost octane (direct port injection or tb spacer), lower IATS (nozzle in tb pipe), or both (one of each)?

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
What are your goals with w/m, boost octane (direct port injection or tb spacer), lower IATS (nozzle in tb pipe), or both (one of each)?

Both I think. I'd like to be able to run the 100 octane APR 2+ program and of course the heat in Phoenix during the summer is crippling. I don't see direct port really being an option for me at this point. I just recently had the valves cleaned.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Then Id recommend the BSH TB pipe and INA TB Spacer

If you go Devils Own I'd use DO1 in TB pipe (pre MAP) and DO2 in TB spacer

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco

What about running APR stage III GTX2867R?
Which Devils Own nozzles size I need to run in the TB pipe and TB Spacer?
I want to run 100 octane file and lower IAT for sure.
Car running around 26~28 PSI.

Thanks...

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

I was thinking 1 in the TB plate & 1 in the silicone coupler off the intercooler cold side. Is the coupler not a good place? I just bought a new throttle pipe not too long ago & it doesn't have a W/M bung or the noise pipe connection.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I was thinking 1 in the TB plate & 1 in the silicone coupler off the intercooler cold side. Is the coupler not a good place? I just bought a new throttle pipe not too long ago & it doesn't have a W/M bung or the noise pipe connection.

I have had very good luck running mine in exactly those locations.
225ml bottom and 175ml TB plate. Snow Stg 2.

225ml is furthest away for greatest time for mixing and evaporation to take place (cooling/condensing air = more oxygen per cu ft, means you can add more fuel). 175ml up close so I can get some unevaporated mix into the cylinder to take advantage of the 115oct nature of methanol. It works VERY well.

Last edited: