The Official MMA Thread

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Big Country = BIG punches

wolfpack_1.8T

Banned
wow, rear naked by ken flo. of all the gomi fights i have watched (30+) he has never so hesitent and cautious. i think he was trying to feel out the cage/florian and just got outclassed. :mad:

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
wow, rear naked by ken flo. of all the gomi fights i have watched (30+) he has never so hesitent and cautious. i think he was trying to feel out the cage/florian and just got outclassed. :mad:

Ya, it was pretty boring until Gomi went for it and got outclassed.

I never liked Big Country but I am starting to come around on him. I wonder who he will fight next.

wolfpack_1.8T

Banned
Ya, it was pretty boring until Gomi went for it and got outclassed.

I never liked Big Country but I am starting to come around on him. I wonder who he will fight next.

im hoping junior dos santos. that would give him a nice path to fight for the title. BC has already been a heavyweight champion, so he knows what to do. i i think the winner of Carwin/Lesnar defends against BC/Dos Santos if they fight. Which the should, would be one hell of a fight man.

wolfpack_1.8T

Banned
The Big 3 fights I have:

Silva by TKO 2nd round. Silva is not going to have trouble with Maia. Maia has a great ground game. Problem is, he will have to get silva to the ground. Not happening. Even if he does, Silva has a strong ground game. He did submit Henderson, who is about to fight one the best there is out there right now in Jake Shields.(kind of a big deal) He is a BJJ black belt. My prediction is Silva connects with a flying knee when Maia shoots in, Maia goes stiff. If not that, Spider just toys with him and just flattens him while he is standing.

Penn by Submission 3rd round. BJ is the best 155lb in the world. total domination in this fight. that is all

Hughes vs Gracie
I see this being so close its going to be hard to call it. Matt Hughes is one the greatest fighters to ever step foot in an octagon. That being said, i think he is in the last year of his career. I will give this fight to Renzo due to the fact the he is out to prove something against Hughes since Hughes beat Royce. Family honor on the line. I hope Hughes wins and in dominating fashion, I just dont think it will happen. I call Renzo by submission.

who you got koz?

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Silva in the first by TKO. Of his last 10 fights, half were over in the first round and he hasn't lost a fight since January of 2006 and that was a DQ so he really hasn't been beat since a 2004 and it won't happen on Saturday.

Penn may or may not figure out Edgar by the 2nd but I agree it will be Penn by KO in the 3rd or later.

The Hughes/Gracie fight is a tough one for sure. Off the cuff pick is Hughes by decision.

I will admit I am already looking forward WEC 48, 3 phenomenal fights on that card.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid

Yeah, don't know what fight the judges were watching. It that is how they are scoring fights then no way Machida should still be champ.

As fas as the Silva fight, it was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters play the Washington Generals. He had so much more skill and speed it was almost a joke to him.

I am not sure why Maia got that title shot, he clearly was scared shitless in the first 4 rounds and did not have much business being there.

Silva needs to either fight GSP at 185, move up to 205 or retire.