Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
I'm sure some of them will but its a litte different being an R.

coils and dp would transfer to MK6 GTI though and whatever else. RSB, brakes are the same stuff like interior mods probably wouldn't. I hate the MK6 though. I know everyone says it will grow on me, but i doubt it. People said the same thing to me about the past 3 gens of mustang, and it never happened.

i kinda liked the mk6 ... until i saw its real face in person uuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkk its too big in all the wrong places

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
I'm sure some of them will but its a litte different being an R.

coils and dp would transfer to MK6 GTI though and whatever else. RSB, brakes are the same stuff like interior mods probably wouldn't. I hate the MK6 though. I know everyone says it will grow on me, but i doubt it. People said the same thing to me about the past 3 gens of mustang, and it never happened.

we still havnt gotten a SOLID answer on the engine of the R20 so if its a TSI like the 2008.5+ then all us FSI guys gotta jerry rig our dps to make em fit. the coils should fit but im just concerned if we throw mk5 coils on a mk6 will it negate any type of new suspension the mk6 has. RSB seems the same but the brakes will obviously be changed.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
yea i never understand when they say something like "it will take away from gti sales" but if it takes away from gti sales wont rocco sales go up :iono: seems like a lame cop out

VW is trying to have a larger place in the american market so they are pushing the hell out of JSW, and TDI jettas, Tiguans, and Tourans or whatever the van is. Just kind of lame. They should really try and keep the loyal customers they have as well as build new ones, because many vw customers are vw customers for like unlike most other brands. If you break that loyalty your losing a big chunk of sales through word of mouth, and with out the passion that comes with vw, you might as well be buying a corolla

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
we still havnt gotten a SOLID answer on the engine of the R20 so if its a TSI like the 2008.5+ then all us FSI guys gotta jerry rig our dps to make em fit. the coils should fit but im just concerned if we throw mk5 coils on a mk6 will it negate any type of new suspension the mk6 has. RSB seems the same but the brakes will obviously be changed.
RSB would be different for the R b/c of rear diff

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Yeah I know it will be different for the R. I meant from GTI to GTI. Are the brakes different Dan. I looked at them at the dealership and of course i didn't take them apart or anything but they looked the same.

The whole car looks the same. I think i'll start calling it the MK5.5

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
Yeah I know it will be different for the R. I meant from GTI to GTI. Are the brakes different Dan. I looked at them at the dealership and of course i didn't take them apart or anything but they looked the same.

The whole car looks the same. I think i'll start calling it the MK5.5

basically the whole car (save a few body lines) is the same ... its kinda like comparing mk1 vs mk2

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
No mark i knew what you meant.. i just kept using the mk6 GTI as the new platform instead of the R20.

the mkv and mk6 brakes look the same, but id expect the mk6 R20 brakes to be even bigger than the mkv r32 brakes now.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I was with my friend Sarah when I went to look at them and she couldn't tell the difference. She was like oh it has the same wheels you had, and pointed out a few interior things. But she didn't even notice the front end change or the tail lights. She just noticed that from the side and shape, it was the same car.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
mk5 to mk6 very little changed, and if you have a TSI mkv GTI your in a perfect position to move over 99.9% of your mods.

Not sure how well we will be able to bring mk5 gti mods to the mk6 r20

Doug18

Car(s)
R 32
mk5 to mk6 very little changed, and if you have a TSI mkv GTI your in a perfect position to move over 99.9% of your mods.

Not sure how well we will be able to bring mk5 gti mods to the mk6 r20

hmm by the time the R20 comes out you may be able to pic up swaybars from an awd a3 and use them ... id be willing to guess you would be able to transfer over 90% of your mods (besides exterior mods and cat back exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.