MkV R32
Olivia Munn ftw

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
Front suspension/brakes:

-Driver's side eccentric bolts mounted in the lower instead of upper mounts
-ALL FOUR lug holes stripped on driver's side hub. I was able to re-tap them and they torque to spec - AMAZING
-NO upper bushings in the strut mounts.
-PO drove down the highway on the driver's side brake rotor. Apparently because of the stripped lug holes in the hub. Replaced.

Coils are installed in the front, and I'm tucking plenty of tire with 2 1/8" of thread to go if I want to go lower.

Rear suspension:

-I removed the top shock nuts BY HAND. This is normally the hard part of the job.
-TWO lug holes stripped on the passenger side rear. Re-tapped, don't know if they'll hold. I have a spare set of drums if not. I do not want to replace the rear brakes.
-Non OEM hardware on lower shock mounts. Fucking beautiful. Hardware store shit, therefore, the bolt is rusted SOLID inside the isolator in the rear shock.

The car sits on stands in my driveway as we speak. I spent 2 FUCKING HOURS trying to get this one bolt out. Nothing. It either gets burnt out or cut out tomorrow. I can't damage the mount though, because I'll have to replace the whole rear beam.

I've done 10+ MKI/MKII suspensions, and can do 4 corners in under an hour. I'm fucking stumped.

Also, I'd like to punch the douchebag who wrenched on this care before me in the neck. Don't use garbage parts people.

/rant

Car(s)
MkV R32
Front suspension/brakes:

-Driver's side eccentric bolts mounted in the lower instead of upper mounts
-ALL FOUR lug holes stripped on driver's side hub. I was able to re-tap them and they torque to spec - AMAZING
-NO upper bushings in the strut mounts.

Coils are installed in the front, and I'm tucking plenty of tire with 2 1/8" of thread to go if I want to go lower.

Rear suspension:

-I removed the top shock nuts BY HAND. This is normally the hard part of the job.
-TWO lug holes stripped on the passenger side rear. Re-tapped, don't know if they'll hold. I have a spare set of drums if not. I do not want to replace the rear brakes.
-Non OEM hardware on lower shock mounts. Fucking beautiful. Hardware store shit, therefore, the bolt is rusted SOLID inside the isolator in the rear shock.

The car sits on stands in my driveway as we speak. I spent 2 FUCKING HOURS trying to get this one bolt out. Nothing. It either gets burnt out or cut out tomorrow. I can't damage the mount though, because I'll have to replace the whole rear beam.

I've done 10+ MKI/MKII suspensions, and can do 4 corners in under an hour. I'm fucking stumped.

Also, I'd like to punch the douchebag who wrenched on this care before me in the neck. Don't use garbage parts people.

/rant

Id love to be able to do any of that

Status
Not open for further replies.