GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Just picked up the Nikon d3100. Lol no idea how to use it yet and probably never will to its full use however feeling exited to try it out tomorrow and the rest of the trip but mainly when home and I have a friend that understands these more than I do. For now-auto will do :/

Just do some research on composition, rule of thirds and depth of field. That should get you off to a good start. Auto mode is awful and will probably ruin a few shots for you. I'd start in shutter mode. It allows you to control the shutter speed while the camera controls aperture. It will give you the chance to see how the different elements work together. Just remember that anything slower than 1/60th of a second without a tripod will be hard to get crisp images. I'm sure you'll love it!

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Just do some research on composition, rule of thirds and depth of field. That should get you off to a good start. Auto mode is awful and will probably ruin a few shots for you. I'd start in shutter mode. It allows you to control the shutter speed while the camera controls aperture. It will give you the chance to see how the different elements work together. Just remember that anything slower than 1/60th of a second without a tripod will be hard to get crisp images. I'm sure you'll love it!

Agreed. And set the ISO settings yourself. the lower the value of the ISO, the better the picture (in terms of static) but you need a lot of light for low values of ISO otherwise your shutter speed will be slow if in (P mode for Canon, idk what it is for Nikon) that semi-auto mode. I could go on but I digress.

Have fun using it, if you need tips there are tons of us here who use DSLRs, so don't be afraid to ask.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
So happy I moved. I pay $4.65/gallon for 91 right now. But still happy I moved!

I just paid $4.70 in a northern suburb of Chicago. It's around $4.90 when you actually go into Chicago.

Aaaaaaand snow in mid-April.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk 2

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
Are you like Greece when you pay taxes you're actually just paying the rich?

Nah. The govt is trying to decrease its debts and gain funds but the only logical way (due to their highly sophisticated thinking) is to keep raising the taxes instead of actually cutting losses and re-structuring their spending agenda, making everything more cost-effective and more efficient.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
So happy I moved. I pay $4.65/gallon for 91 right now. But still happy I moved!

Hahahahhaa

I pay $7.87/gallon for RON 100

Yay Murica! I have by far the most expensive gas in America too.

Where I used to live in Michigan has is about a whole dollar cheaper a gallon.

I just paid $4.70 in a northern suburb of Chicago. It's around $4.90 when you actually go into Chicago.

Aaaaaaand snow in mid-April.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk 2

Ya I just spent 3.52/gal for 91oct. Still think it's expensive. :(

apollosfury

designeddwk
93 here is about $3.97. Guess we're lucky. The price is kind of annoying since it was like 1.30 in the late 90s (oh how times change) , but what really bugs me is the fluctuation. Can swing like 40 cents a gallon over night

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I think I'm gonna get another set of wheels. I can't decide if I should get another set of 17x9 (already have two) or get 18x9.5 this time. I just love the way the car drives in 17s.

My problem is I ordered a set of the new RS3s for autoX but my ZIIs still have a ton of life. So I want to run the ZIIs on asphalt and RS3s on concrete. AND my DD Falken 453s on my other set of 17x9s still have decent life left!!! AHHHH!

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I think I'm gonna get another set of wheels. I can't decide if I should get another set of 17x9 (already have two) or get 18x9.5 this time. I just love the way the car drives in 17s.

My problem is I ordered a set of the new RS3s for autoX but my ZIIs still have a ton of life. So I want to run the ZIIs on asphalt and RS3s on concrete. AND my DD Falken 453s on my other set of 17x9s still have decent life left!!! AHHHH!
Save up and get some ray ce28's

Status
Not open for further replies.