GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Buying something not VW brought light to me that VW isn't the end all be all. Even though most will make fun of my base 155hp Mazda3, it's quite competent in handling considering it's on 205 mileage conscious tires. It's way more tossable than what I remember my stock GTI being given the fact that it weights 2850lbs. And I'm at 35.2mpg average over 14k miles running on regular. And ask anyone that knows how I drive, and it's not lightly.

What I'm saying is that the 2014+ Mazda 6 is essentially based off my car with the 2.5L. Read the reviews and the biggest complaints are that it's kind of noisy and that it's not powerful enough (since the Accord, Camry, Altima, and the Passat all have V6 options or the turbo 4 banger in the Passat), BUT, it's a well rounded car otherwise and looks the best out of all of them IMO.

But again, if this is your daily driver and only car, I don't know if you can live with 185hp in a car that weighs 3200ish lbs. I still have the GTI that will be back on the road soon.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah, I'm finding myself getting to be picky as shit in my older age (32 haha). Stupid things that shouldn't matter, like preferring 17" wheels, no sunroof, HIDs, etc.

Are the MK7 TSI's having any of the same issues, or did they work it out on the CNTA & CXCA codes? I may need to start looking newer so I feel more comfortable. I made out like a bandit with my last CPO car.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, I'm finding myself getting to be picky as shit in my older age (32 haha). Stupid things that shouldn't matter, like preferring 17" wheels, no sunroof, HIDs, etc.

Are the MK7 TSI's having any of the same issues, or did they work it out on the CNTA & CXCA codes? I may need to start looking newer so I feel more comfortable. I made out like a bandit with my last CPO car.

Haha. I'm not sure on the Mk7's besides the turbo issues they were having (more on IHI than VW). It's probably too soon to know honestly.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
We're in the same boat, my friend.

It's going to make it hard to leave behind the GTI since it's pretty much where I want it. I guess if VW covers this rust problem I'm having, that could keep me in it for another year or so until some CPO MK7s and their faults start showing up more frequently.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Buying something not VW brought light to me that VW isn't the end all be all. Even though most will make fun of my base 155hp Mazda3, it's quite competent in handling considering it's on 205 mileage conscious tires. It's way more tossable than what I remember my stock GTI being given the fact that it weights 2850lbs. And I'm at 35.2mpg average over 14k miles running on regular. And ask anyone that knows how I drive, and it's not lightly.

What I'm saying is that the 2014+ Mazda 6 is essentially based off my car with the 2.5L. Read the reviews and the biggest complaints are that it's kind of noisy and that it's not powerful enough (since the Accord, Camry, Altima, and the Passat all have V6 options or the turbo 4 banger in the Passat), BUT, it's a well rounded car otherwise and looks the best out of all of them IMO.

But again, if this is your daily driver and only car, I don't know if you can live with 185hp in a car that weighs 3200ish lbs. I still have the GTI that will be back on the road soon.

If Subaru offered something comparable to the DSG in a WRX or STI, I'd take a look. I really have no desire to DD a manual in Atlanta and all the reviews on Subaru's auto box are terrible.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
If Subaru offered something comparable to the DSG in a WRX or STI, I'd take a look. I really have no desire to DD a manual in Atlanta and all the reviews on Subaru's auto box are terrible.

You'd have to pay me to buy an STI lol. Nice drivetrain but Subaru needs to get their shit together and retire that engine already. Which is basically what Car and Driver said as the overall verdict in testing it against the Mk7R and Focus RS.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Maybe I'll finally get a tune and that will keep me interested for a while longer haha. Call it the car's 140k birthday gift.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
How about a MK6 GTI? Then you can Cobb tune it. It will be glorious.