GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Failing MKV...

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Oh noes... my car is infeerioratory.

/jester leaves to assume fetal position and cry like a little girl.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
So...who can say "Class Action"?

James G

Spool makes me drool.
Car(s)
'06 CW GTI 3DR
shock horror....

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
well ive had no problems with my car so i guess they have really high expectations

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Bastards, i knew it!

Should have got an S3!

Mk5 is still a lot better then most of the competition just a tad disappointing in terms of interior and rattles. Everything else is pretty good.

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
I get nothing but compliments about the interior of the MKV when people get in my car.

And comparing to BMW? The 1 series interior is rather flimsy and plasticy for the price you pay.

Besides rattles adds "charater" "biggrin"

Just my 2c worth.

gh172

Ready to race!
If they're hoping to kickstart sales of the MK6 with that press release, they wont be helping the dealers clear out the MK5, which will still be on sale for a while yet in most countries.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Even though i still like it and it's very nice, I think the main problem is it was a noticable step back in interior quality from MK4. Also compare the interior of the S3 and R32..

The easiest solution for rattles is just to turn the music up, otherwise you'll go bonkers.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
If they knew the leather wasn't durable why didn't they just change the type of leather used? Now that they have come out and admitted that the leather isn't durable they're going to end up with more warranty claims.

Other then that it's all pretty minor stuff that was common knowledge, over engineered and complex to build, and some noise from the dash area/doors. Nothing really major in there.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I think they changed the leather on the 08 models, as it is a harder type of material that doesn't crease as easily (when compared to some older golfs at the meets). It does seem a lot softer than the good leather i had in the '97 A4 though.

aus-mkv

Ready to race!
Even though i still like it and it's very nice, I think the main problem is it was a noticable step back in interior quality from MK4.

Thats the real key - if you had a MK4 the difference was immediately obvious. More in terms of tactile surfaces or quality of materials than quality of build though in my opinion.

The MK4 had a couple of issues as well - like the noisy ac diverter flap

Jig

Flow Motion
Dont really care what they say. Most marque's will always try and better the previous model but I am a little surprised on how VW have communicated that effort. I wonder if their Marketing folks have approved the content for public release or it was just off the cuff.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
It is a bit strange that they would admit and say such things. Could have been leaked for all we know, and shouldn't take everything as fact.

I'm happy with teh Mk5 chassis and everything else over the Mk4 (except MK4 R32 did look awesome).

unkee

munkeespydaa
Car(s)
oooki x)
my mates got an mk4 SE with a freak engine.. the mk4's got that shiny stuff on the handles and the transmission thingo, when it peels it looks like crap

having said that..

i like all golf's.. rattles and all! :wub: