GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Team Dynamics Racing Pro Race 1.2 (The quest for good wheels)

TheJakofallTrads

Car-less
Car(s)
Audi RS3
Team Dynamics Racing Pro Race 1.2

First off, I am in no way, associated with Out Motoring or Team Dynamics Racing. I get nothing out of putting this information out there, just trying to help out some fellow Dubbers looking for a set of wheels.

I found the American distributor for Team Dynamics Racing. His name is Don and he is located in Ontario, California. He does not sell wheels directly, you must go through one of his resellers, but he can get you whatever you need and will special order sets from the UK if need be. Don also has a good deal of stock in the US at any given time, especially Pro Race 1.2 wheels.

Don put me in touch with Aaron Cornaby, owner and operator of Out Motoring, a Mini tuning shop in Columbus, Ohio. Aaron is a really good guy and is Don's recommended supplier for Team Dynamics Racing wheels in the United States. I spoke with Aaron this morning, and he is more than willing to help any of the 5x112 bolt pattern guys out. He carries TD Pro Race 1.2s in silver, anthracite, white, and flat black, and can get gloss black if he's given appropriate time. He can get offsets that range from 35 to 55 and sizes that range from 16x7 (winter wheels!) to 18x9.

I'm not going to speak to the quality of the wheels, or whether they're better than wheels that cost more, all I will say is it's a challenging task finding someone who doesn't think these wheels are an incredible buy for their price. A search on the forum will give you a sense of who is running these wheels and the state of tune their car is in. Hurdy and Rsphil are two guys that come to mind.

So that's the deal, you want TD Pro Race 1.2s in 5x112, you can get them. Aaron's stock ships directly from Don at Team Dynamics Racing, so all deliveries ship from California and take about a week.

I'm picking up a set of 18x8 45 ET very soon.

Hope this helps anyone trying to find the right set of wheels.:thumbsup:

If Hurdy or Rsphil are willing to post-up pictures of their wheels that'd be cool. I'm not sure if this is bad forum etiquette, so if this thread has to be deleted, my bad Mods.

http://www.outmotoring.com/

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cooper/mini-cooper-team-dynamics-pro-race.html

One more thing, the TD center cap is awful looking. Luckily, VW center caps, Part number - 7D0 601 165, fit the Pro Race 1.2s perfectly. 18x8s 45 ET in Silver.

Hurdy's wheels:

My Wheels:

Last edited:

svt2mkv

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 Jetta
I'd be interested in the group buy too for 18x8s, just need some more info.