GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sway bar bracket snapped

supaflip

WWAATTAAHH!!!
I went to go check the knocking noise on my rear and found out that my swaybar bracket broke.

Here's a lil background:
- installed the rsb 3 years ago (bought new)
- never track the car
- car is merely a grocery getter and work commute
- i'd say 40kmiles on the rsb
- service/lube the rsb every 6months

i'm not torn or mad about it, i guess it's time for it to brake or get a new one.
if you guys are wondering what rsb/bracket i'm using, it's the BSH 27mm RSB.
Please don't use/make this an excuse for not buying the BSH RSB and hopefully this does not discourage you to get one.
The rsb works what it suppose to do and I had fun with it. there's plenty of good reviews here in the forum that's why i bought it.

anyways, i'm just sharing what had happen to my brackets nothing more :smile:

my only advise, grease it atleast every 3 months.

Attachments

• bsh_sway_bracket.jpg
    bsh_sway_bracket.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 648

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
this happens from impropper installation. I had this happen. There has to be no load on the bar when installed.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
mine happend after less, its a solid bar that is putting a lot of stress on those brackets. are you set to full stiff?

VtecVick

Ready to race!
Mine broke like 3 times when I owned that bar. It was always the right bracket too. The design of the bar isn't good. Theres obviously alot of stress on the right bracket that it kept breaking.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Mine broke like 3 times when I owned that bar. It was always the right bracket too. The design of the bar isn't good. Theres obviously alot of stress on the right bracket that it kept breaking.

Its the driving habits of the the person not the bar. Stiffness setting plays a big part but so does suspension set up, installation, maintenance.

I never greased it its been hanging half on since it broke. Went to replace the bracket and my buddy cross threaded and broke the bolt off. Fml, I have yet to get around to drilling it out and re tapping the hole.

But you should be greasing it every oil change or more often based on surrounding weather conditions

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

itskv

APR Stage II+
My right bracket just broke today too..

UFO 1

Keep modifying...
I had the same problem with the BSH RSB brackets... I went through 2 sets in 2 years. Poor design and very poor material. Like others said, a thicker sway bar, as the BSH 27mm, is putting a lot of stress on the brackets. Imo you have two choices: * is to reinforce the existing bracket with a 3mm sheet of metal or ** buy some real sway bar brackets from HOTCHKIS. Great build up, made from aluminum and etc... Got'em for $100 from SUMMIT Racing with free shipping if I'm not mistaking.

Attachments

• Hotchkiss RSB Brackets.jpg
    Hotchkiss RSB Brackets.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:

UFO 1

Keep modifying...
I went through 2 of the BSH / Energy Suspension brackets when I had the bar. The brackets are too weak for the bar.

Those Summit brackets look perfect for the job.

Made by HOTCHKIS, sold by SUMMIT Racing(they have the best price) :thumbsup:

itskv

APR Stage II+
finally got my energy suspension brackets. will be putting in the brackets in the morning. $20 is not too bad I guess. I rather not spend that $100 right now on the brackets shown above...

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Fit a front sway bar too and the rear sway won't have to carry almost all the roll force/load alone !!