GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Summer is coming NW dudes

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
I propose we plan a meet between Seattle and Portland and try and get as many members together. Hell, I'll drive to Seattle if need be, but I'm sure we can find some middle ground to meet and drive some twisties!!

If we start planning now for May? we should be able to get a good turn out.

Who's in?

1. Red Rider

thomaschh

Banned
Bellevue - right outside Seattle. I'd be willing to group up with people from up here and drive down south though too. Maybe not all the way to Portland though, unless it's an overnight thing. I know for a fact that there are at least three other people from Bellevue on this website, so I assume there are probably a lot more from the Seattle-Portland area than we realize.

If you want any help organizing something let me know. I can do PDF flyers or something. The first thing to do would be to PM all of the people that've posted in this section and tell them to let anyone else they know in the area about the idea.

Rock on!

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Count me in, I'm in Kirkland for all of you from the Seattle area.

Cool Bro!

There's another dude on here who e-mailed me and he's in as well.

We'll keep this thread humming until we pick a date.

I'll go anywhere for a good run!!

RR

djm1968

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool Bro!

There's another dude on here who e-mailed me and he's in as well.

We'll keep this thread humming until we pick a date.

I'll go anywhere for a good run!!

RR

I'm the "other dude" and I am in for sure! Let's get something going for one of these amazing sunny days.

Let's just hope my GTI is out of the shop by then...5 weeks now for one wheel bearing!!

Cheers,
DJM

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
I'm the "other dude" and I am in for sure! Let's get something going for one of these amazing sunny days.

Let's just hope my GTI is out of the shop by then...5 weeks now for one wheel bearing!!

Cheers,
DJM

Hey Dominic, glad you're in!!

Yeah, the weather has been amazing and would be perfect for a mini run:burnrubber:

Let's keep this thread alive until we finalize the details.

RR

k0rson

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Red, I'm in, let me know....

My sister in law lives in Battle Ground, that's just north of Vancouver, WA, that could be a good location. Cops in that area have no sense of humour though, and BG has an overpopulation of cops, we might not want to do twisties in their turf .... so, maybe not a good idea.

I'm in Sammamish, which is on the other side of the lake from Bellevue....

thomaschh where are u in Bellevue? I used to live at Main and 148th ...

crabpot where are u in kirkland, I know the area....

ok, let me know.

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
ooops you guys are the GTI crowd, I am a humble Rabbit .... but hey, I'll do what I can ...

It's all good k0rson!! Thanks for checking in:biggrin:

Looks like we're building a good first meet here. We'll keep adding names and then we can pick a date and place that works for both Seattle and Portland.

Everyone, keep checking in and we'll maintain the interest.

See ya all soon:burnrubber:

Glenn(RR)

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI

My sister in law lives in Battle Ground, that's just north of Vancouver, WA, that could be a good location. Cops in that area have no sense of humour though, and BG has an overpopulation of cops, we might not want to do twisties in their turf .... so, maybe not a good idea.

ok, let me know.

Hey k0rson, when I first got married(many years ago) I had a townhouse on 148th, near Crossroads? I think. I lived in the Seattle area for 11 years, and loved it. I've got a couple of great driving stories involving the WSP!!

See ya soon.

Glenn(RR)

thomaschh

Banned

ok, let me know.

It's all good for sure! My fiance' has a Rabbit and I'm bringing her. :thumbup:

I live off of Main but downtown in Old Bellevue - on 101st Ave SE. There's a guy not more than four blocks from me with a CW GTI I've actually seen pulling into his driveway several times. I should hunt him down...:biggrin:

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Hey Guys, thanks for all the responses, here's where we're at so far:

1. Red Rider
2. thomaschh
3. crabpot
4. DJM1968
5. k0rson

Not bad for just a week or so!

I've PMd a couple of guys from the other NW thread to see if they're interested and we'll try to keep building this thread.

When I lived in Sacramento and had my SCd Acura CL-S, we had the most active thread on the CL-S board and a bunch of meets with as many as 25-30 cars including an NSX, Z06, 3 350 Zs and various Acura CLs and TLs. It was a blast to drive with those guys and I made some life long friends, maybe we can build this thing between Seattle and Portland. Sometimes we just hooked up, had lunch and ran go-karts, so we can even meet up in the off season!!

One other thought, after the first meet, we could alternate between Seattle and Portland. The drive up or down is half the fun!

Let's drive:burnrubber:

Glenn(RR)