GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage II TSi Vs. 09 STI

SlickGTIMKv

United_Euros
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI 6MT
I'm only recently SII and TBE and ran a 09 STI from 2ND to the top of 3RD tonight. He stepped on it first and I reacted quickly. His front bumber was at my B pilar through the top of third. We let off for an oncoming light. Just wondering if this sound's about right?

STI definately had exhaust and BOV. Other mod's unknown.

Last edited:

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Ya sounds about right. But i think if you had made it into 4th you would have pulled him a bit.

Once AWD cars are in 2nd they loose that grip advantage. That STI looses 20% roughly from the drivetrain and they are about 350lbs heavier.

Nice half car kill man.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
would have expected a slightly better pull, but sounds about right. did you run into any traction issues? i pull on EVO X's a bit more than that, and i thought EVO X's were a bit faster than the new STI's.

TSiUG

sleeper...
Well that is good to know. I have never gotten a chance to run an STI. I thought we would lose by a little bit even from a roll with our stage 2's. Awesome.....

Well that is good to know. I have never gotten a chance to run an STI. I thought we would lose by a little bit even from a roll with our stage 2's. Awesome.....

STI's make about 225-230awhp from the factor. Plus they are a bit heavier than the GTI. And we all know from rolls FWD is actually the best to have.

donnyboyy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG gti 6spd with
Fwd from a roll is the best to have? Really? What makes you say that? I have had a 350z and an a4q and now my stage 1 Apr gti. I can tell you fwd is the absolute worst thing to have . Notice there are zero high performance fwd cars

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
From a roll, fwd is an advantage over awd until you have so much power that the stickiest tires available can no longer hold the power. AWD turns into a paper weight for reasonably powered vehicles from a roll.

RWD does not apply to this.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Fwd from a roll is the best to have? Really? What makes you say that? I have had a 350z and an a4q and now my stage 1 Apr gti. I can tell you fwd is the absolute worst thing to have . Notice there are zero high performance fwd cars

FWD is the best from a roll b/c it has the least amount of drivetrain loss.

Things that matter from a roll

Weight
Drivetrain loss
HP

Things that dont matter from a roll

What kind of diff you have
What tires are getting the power

/end argument

:thumbsup:
FWD is the best from a roll b/c it has the least amount of drivetrain loss.

Things that matter from a roll

Weight
Drivetrain loss
HP

Things that dont matter from a roll

What kind of diff you have
What tires are getting the power

/end argument

mtlss

Ready to race!
would have expected a slightly better pull, but sounds about right. did you run into any traction issues? i pull on EVO X's a bit more than that, and i thought EVO X's were a bit faster than the new STI's.

Stock v stock the sti is faster in a straight line, but with mods its slower.