GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

St. Louis Thread #3

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
mario, you know anything about comcast vs att uverse? need to get hookup at the new house, comcast sucks, didnt know if you'd heard anything good about ATT. the p.o. said they had uverse and loved it but I have no experience with it

I unfortunately don't have any experience with AT&T, but I had comcast when I lived in NJ, definitely wasn't anything to write home about. I have heard from a lot of people that they love Uverse, it just isn't the fastest internet connection in the world since it pushes phone and tv through the same connection, but it still good.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
A belated happy thanksgiving, hope no cars were injured during the absurdity that is post-thanksgiving parking lots and trafficways.

Nah mine has been down since monday ftl, waiting for an n75 valve to come in hopefully today

posted by tapatalk

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Merry Christmas! Nah car is going to another tuner on Jan 6th to hopefully get it figured out

posted using tapatalk

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
I may not be far behind you.

Torque 2 showed some errors in the test results. It initially had some O2 Heater and other warnings, but when I retested, this is all it showed:
MID: $81 TID:$7
Fuel System Monitor Bank 1
Min: 51,235 Max: 28,672
Current: 65,523

CEL Came on as well, I've been getting intermittent P2181 Cooling System code, but it's never actually overheated.

Today I got the P2181 as well as 3 x P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected. Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected. Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected.

So... this should be fun. Idle sounds a bit rough, I am a bit overdue for an oil change (7k miles on 5w40 synthetic), so I'll probably start with that simple solution. I also am now at 107,000 miles so I'm due for the dreaded 100k mile service at the stealership - or so my console keeps telling me "Service Now."

Any thoughts?

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
Ever get your car sorted?

I've been bugging around this winter, trying to stash cash without too much success so I can lower the car a bit when the weather gets nice. Rear ended someone stopping too slick in the ice this winter - luckily I only cracked my grill and it's not noticeable unless up close. I'll replace it eventually (this is easy to do myself!), but mechanical > cosmetic. Should have enough for the koni yellows and eibach sport (2"ish drop) in a couple weeks here.

I'll probably take it to the shop that did my tune to have them install, change thermostat, and swap out timing belt. These are probably all things I should learn to do myself, it's just the fear of "what if I destroy my car!"

Hope your beetle woes are behind you.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Ever get your car sorted?

I've been bugging around this winter, trying to stash cash without too much success so I can lower the car a bit when the weather gets nice. Rear ended someone stopping too slick in the ice this winter - luckily I only cracked my grill and it's not noticeable unless up close. I'll replace it eventually (this is easy to do myself!), but mechanical > cosmetic. Should have enough for the koni yellows and eibach sport (2"ish drop) in a couple weeks here.

I'll probably take it to the shop that did my tune to have them install, change thermostat, and swap out timing belt. These are probably all things I should learn to do myself, it's just the fear of "what if I destroy my car!"

Hope your beetle woes are behind you.

Who did your tune? Just curious.

No unfortunately still chasing boost/vacuum leaks. I did a smoke test the other day and found a whole bunch, just waiting for the parts to come in now.

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
I took it to Bob Hindson Racing in Kansas City. Seemed like pretty capable guys.

Great choice! That's where I got mine tuned originally. I just switched to Driver Motorsport, but that's only because of my rev hang issues.

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
Took advantage of the Koni sale on Tirerack and purchased Koni Yellows and Eibach Sportline - The hard part will be holding off on install for some "supporting mods" (ALK?)

Edit: Any other recommendations while the shop is working around that area?

Last edited:

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Took advantage of the Koni sale on Tirerack and purchased Koni Yellows and Eibach Sportline - The hard part will be holding off on install for some "supporting mods" (ALK?)

Edit: Any other recommendations while the shop is working around that area?

What "supporting mods" are you talking about for the suspension? One thing since you'll be down there anyway might be stainless steel brake-lines for your brakes. They help brake pedal feel tremendously.

azier

Passed Driver's Ed
Well... new bushings, whiteline control arms for anti-lift, and yes the stainless steel breaklines were also on my radar.

It was more a "if I'm going to pay for labor, what makes sense to have installed at the same time."

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Well... new bushings, whiteline control arms for anti-lift, and yes the stainless steel breaklines were also on my radar.

It was more a "if I'm going to pay for labor, what makes sense to have installed at the same time."

Yea I'd say the bushings would be something to do at the same time since you'll have the suspension apart.