GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Speedometer and Odometer

Bdon123

Hey guys, finally got my GTI running after 2 months of battling issue. Got it out on the road and the speedometer and odometer are not working at all. I also have an issue where the fuel gauge is jumping around a lot. I changed the crank sensor out because that’s what people are saying dictates Speed but it wasn’t the issue. Just trying to figure out what the actual VSS is on the car because I cannot find it anywhere. Thank y’all in advance! Oh and it has the 6 speed manual trans

king1138

Go Kart Champion
Some GTIs (from what I can tell, the DSG only) had vehicle speed sensors on the transmission. Otherwise, the VSS signal is a bussed signal from the ABS module. Maybe check for any codes in the ABS, and start there with repairs.

Bdon123

Some GTIs (from what I can tell, the DSG only) had vehicle speed sensors on the transmission. Otherwise, the VSS signal is a bussed signal from the ABS module. Maybe check for any codes in the ABS, and start there with repairs.
Thank you so much, I have 2 codes for ABS so I’m going to swap the module with my old one and see how it goes